Ford Forums banner

Help me with codes, 1999 E-150... Thank you

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hi guys, thanks for reading... I have a problem with my 1999 Ford e-150 van, it misfires after warming up (about 15 miles of driving), when I first start it and drive it, it works just fine but after a few minutes of driving the engine "shakes". Today I had a chance to get some codes and this is what i get...

P0153 --- 02 circuit slow response (bank 2, sensor 1)

P0305 --- cylinder 5 misfire detected

P0401 --- exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected

The plugs are brand new (replaced before the codes), that was the first thing that came to mind but that did not fix the problem...

Guy at the store thinks could be a crack on manifold or CO2 sensor but he honestly didn't seem too sure, so I decided to ask here.

Any ideas... I hope this could be an easy fix, thanks a lot in advance.

David:BW:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Bert, thank you... It is the 5.4l V8 automatic.

After rethinking my post I think I want to make it a bit more specific, the reason I posted the 3 codes is I hope that you guys, having a much better understanding of how the engine works can "map" the codes and find a common source that could create the 3 codes OR to also give me an idea as to how the process works and start by taking care of the first problem (code),,, for example code P0153 mentions a sensor, could this sensor create a chain reaction the triggers the other symptoms (or vice versa)? So would be wise to start by replacing the sensor1? I know it can be just about anything lol, just hoping to start with the simple and easy stuff like your suggestion ... Thanks I very much appreciate it.

#4 ·
Depending on the code, they might and might not be connected. It's always best to start with something that's causing a poor running condition first though. Keep track of the codes, repair the main ones/s and see what comes back. There are sometimes more than one problem because the light doesn't come on for all of them. Then when the light comes on and a check is made, they show up but were present before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.