Ford Forums banner

1991 Taurus GL Wagon will not stay started unless gas pedal is depressed.

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Galdrath 
#1 ·
My 1991 Taurus GL 3.0 Wagon starts but will not stay on unless I keep my foot on the gas. It idles rough and dies after a few seconds. After driving for a few minutes, the car will run normal and I do not need to keep my foot on the gas. So Far I have replaced the fuel filter and the spark plugs. Yesterday the check engine light came on for about 2 miles on the highway at 60mph and turned off once I exited the highway. I took the IAC off and checked to see if it moves when the ignition is in the ON position. It moves a tiny bit, hardly noticeable. With the IAC off, the car does not want to start at all and I still have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running.

Any help would be appreciated. I will do my best to answer questions if I can. I went to OReilly auto parts to do a check engine code thing but they said they could not do it since the check engine light is not on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.