Ford Forums banner

Electrical Problem

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
I think that I might need some advice. I own a 2000 Focus ZTS and I have lost my dashboard lights, running lights, and the lights that iluminate the license plate. My headlights, blinkers, brake lights, and hazard lights are all functioning normally. I checked all fuses located under dashboard. With exception of the fuse that operates the cigarette lighter, all fuses were in good shape. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem and what/how I need to repair the problem? Thanks in advance for any help that will be given.

#4 ·
Checked the 7.5 amp fuses in slots 47 & 48. Both were good to go, changed them out anyway. There is no daylight running light relay that is used on the my 2000 Focus ZTS, so that is not the problem. Any other ideas? I have read that the problem could lie in the ground wire that is associated with that particular system. If that is a possibility, where are they located and how do I go about repairing them? Thanks again for any help that is given.

#5 ·
From the Haynes manual the sidelight fuse (10 amps) is F19 in the engine fuse box. The running lights fuses are F22 (15 amp) and F14 (10 amps). Could check it applies to your car , may be different from UK .Also check fuse 32 (10amp red fuse ) in the cabin fusebox .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.