Ford Forums banner

1994 F150 Exhaust Leak

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 F150 with a 300 Inline 6. I have had a exhaust issue for a while there is a pipe about a inch in size that come from somewhere havent figure that out it connects to the main pipe at the top of it before the muffler. It pops out and disconnects over time . Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this it is know broke in half? Can i disconnect, seal it off, or replace it easy . The exhaust fumes comes in cab quick . You have to have windows down to drive it and its getting cold. Thanks for any advise.

#2 ·
That has to be the AIR injection or EGR pipe. I don't remember if they had secondary air on that model. If there's a pump driven by the drive belt, it has it. The EGR keep the engine from pinging when hot so either way, I'd repair or replace the pipe. They have aftermarket pipes available.

#3 ·
Thank you! I will look more into it there is another pipe of that size that runs around the top that they sell a after market pipe for that one is fine could that be the EGR? No one seams to know about the bottom one. I will get a mirror out to see were it connects on the exhaust or engine. Let me know if you would if that is still the same pipe that you are refering to. Once again thank you for the information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.