Ford Forums banner

And here it is "Check Air Ride Suspension"

12K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, 2004 navigator air ride suspension issue.
Got in the navigator this morning. Started as usual, air compressor kicked on as normal. Started driving and about a block away from the house got the "check air ride" msg and truck was low all around. Got home and checked the 50a fuse inside fuse box and it was fine. Pulled the gray 4 prong relay behind the passenger headlight and jumped the wires and compressor kicked on. So the compressor is good, ordered the relay. My question is, is it possible for the other relay (the big metal one) to go bad and compressor still kick on when you jump the wires where the gray plastic relay goes? Haven't tested the metal relay yet. Any thoughts/advice on this matter would be helpful if you have encountered similar problem. Truck is getting the conversion kit this summer.

#4 ·
I have been searching and reading for 2 days trying to figure this out and can't seem to get anywhere. Thanks Bert for your input that did help me find a blown fuse but still no fix to the problem. Do you or does anyone else know if the 2004 has a metal type relay? When I called for the relay advance auto and autozone keeps showing the metal relay but I can't seem to find it anywhere and its suppose to be located near the compressor. So far have checked and rechecked all the fuses and replaced the gray 70amp relay that sits right behind the passenger headlight above the air compressor. If the 2004 does have another relay that is located somewhere beneath the air compressor. Atleast thats what I've been reading on other forums and from the diagram of other navigators its somewhere directly behind the foglight. Stumped...Please help if anyone got a 04 navigator and knows where the metal type relay is. Thanks. Here is a pic of what I am trying to find on my truck.

#5 ·
Found a similar issue on an 03:

The most [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]common[/COLOR][/COLOR] cause of the problem with your air ride system is the " Solid State " compressor relay . It is mounted behind the front bumper on the passenger side . You can access it through the wheel well ( behind the plastic inner fender ) .See the diagram. Connector # XXXXX .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.