Ford Forums banner

no hi beam power on driver side......

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
The passenger side works fine... low beams work fine

replaced bulb and continuity checked the pigtail that splits to the marker light and the headlight.... its good.

Does anybody know where the next connector is?

does each side have a fuse or relay or breaker or does it come from 1 and split?

does the power to the hi beams come from the same wire and then spits in two wires on going to each side?

trying to find the upstream point to limit the amount of wires I have to unravel and test... if I can find the last point it has power that would help

#2 ·
Not sure this will help figure it out but...

previous owner told me it used to have a headlight WIG WAG set up...

he is looking into it also....

he thinks there is a white connector in the center behind the grill that WIG WAG plugs into and it needs to be plugged into another connector or there is a sort of terminator/loopback that plugs into it and that gives the drivers hi beam ground if it is 2 wires I may try and jumper it with a wire tomorrow.

#6 ·
Well progress so far...

I used a paperclip to jump the 2 wire plug that used to go into the WIG WAG module... AND THE DRIVER SIDE HI BEAM NOW WORKS!!!

I am going to FORD Monday for the steering shaft safety recall...

I will ask them if there is an actual plug for it or if I can just cut plug off and connect the 2 wires..

will post part number if there is one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.