Ford Forums banner

Eastern Creek 16th Jan

5K views 57 replies 9 participants last post by  BLWNEB 
#1 ·
Is anyone else thinling of going to the drags on Wed night.

#5 ·
The blown EF was getting 189KW at the wheels before doing other mods. Intercooler and smaller blower pulley. And recently 75hp of NOS.

Competed at Wakefield last Sunday best for the 1/8 was 8.446 sec at 138.5kph. Hoping for 12.9 or better.

#8 ·
Well the night was total success, the blown EF ran smoothly and out performed expectation.

Best for the night ( last run ) a 12.336sec at 179.66kph.

An earlier run absolutly blow away a GEN III ute.:hit: :thup:

#17 ·
The block is standard except for a rebore,head is from an AU ( same as an EF XR ) that has been ported, pacemaker extractors with 3" exhaust, LSD with 3.73 gears, 9 psi powerdyne supercharger with smaller pulley, air/water intercooler and for the kick of the line "NOS" only to 3 psi boost. The auto transmission is nearly standard but with heavy duty clutch plates.

The speed limiter has been removed or raised will do 200kph.

Times for the night
60 ft 1.774
ET 12.336
MPH 111.63
KPH 179.66

#23 ·
The NOS comes on soon as the throttle is wide open, which is as soon as the light goes green.

The pulley I got made up at a local engineering shop. I was hoping that it would give me more boost pressure but it didn't maybe the BOV however it comes on boost a bit earlier.

As for the cost
charger $5800
computer chip $1500
NOS $1200
head $1000
body kit $3400

#24 ·
so your blower doesnt run on nine, apperently the belt tends to slip which causes it to drop boost, the bov u notice a difference, did you do the time with sliks, so ur nitroius is on even on the street, does it harm the engine had it dynoed what power.

#25 ·
The blower peaks at 9 psi but I have seen it push 10 psi.

Got a set of slicks after the first meet with just the blower fitted the rear wheels started to spin on my first run.

As for the nitrous, nitrous is illegal on the street and have to disconnect the bottle. With no detonation or lean mixture, nitrous shouldn't harm the motor but it is putting more power through it.

Had the car dynoed without cooler and nitrous and got 189kw at the wheels with that setup did 14.1sec with cooler did 13.6sec and with nitrous did 12.3sec. Next meet will do a full nitrous run maybe 11.5sec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.