Ford Forums banner

Falcon Ute Sales!!

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Adam W 
#1 ·
Well here's some great news! Looks like Holden's plans to kill our ute have failed.

Ford’s Falcon ute remains a smash hit with buyers, setting an impressive monthly sales mark in December on the way to a record 2001.
Ford sold 1596 Falcon utes in December, bringing total sales for 2001 to a record 16,955 units and making it the clear market leader in its segment.

The total represented a 24 per cent increase on the previous year’s record result of 13,698 sales.

Since 1998, when Ford sold just 6769 utes, sales have risen by a staggering 151 per cent.

Ford SUV and Light Commercial Marketing Manager, Kevin Lillie, said the Falcon ute had continued to dominate the market despite the introduction of a new model from its main competitor.

“Sales of the Falcon ute have in fact strengthened as the year has gone on, and the December result clearly illustrates that,” he said.

December Falcon ute sales were more than 500 units ahead of its nearest rival in the 2WD utility segment.

“While our chassis cab Falcon ute is proving very popular, we are particularly pleased with our sales in the sports-performance segment with XR ute, which increased by 69 per cent in 2001,” he said.

See less See more
#7 ·
Got some guff on Sales Figures. My brother sent me these from the Ford Web Site in US. I am currently trying to find a link..

Best-selling brand of cars and trucks 15 years in a row

Best-selling brand of trucks 16 years in a row

Best-selling brand of cars 10 years in a row

5 of the top 10 best-selling vehicles, 2001

F-Series: Best-selling truck 25 years in a row and best-selling vehicle 20 years in a row

Explorer: Best-selling sport utility vehicle 11 years in a row

Ranger: Best-selling compact pickup 15 years in a row

Escape: Best-selling small sport utility vehicle

E-Series: Best-selling full-size van 23 years in a row

Mustang: Best-selling car in its segment 16 years in a row

Focus: The world’s best-selling car

#8 ·
#17 ·
RATT said:

Our friends over at gmforums reckon our ute sux!?!?
Great posts on the holden forum RATT & Mr Jucy. Keep givin it to them !

#18 ·
RATT said:
Our friends over at gmforums reckon our ute sux!?!?
No worse than us bagging the LS1..

#19 ·
This is exceptional news. I can't beleive I almost missed this thread. Well done ford. It is now imperitive ford get a Tickford T-series Ute to go with Maloo. Sure we have the pursuit 250 but I dont think that was the best idea. Should have put the 220 donk in and saved the 250 for T-series. But I suppose they werent going to make a T-series ute out fo AU, maybe when AV comes round...

#20 ·
Cobra said:
It is now imperitive ford get a Tickford T-series Ute to go with Maloo. Sure we have the pursuit 250 but I dont think that was the best idea. Should have put the 220 donk in and saved the 250 for T-series. But I suppose they werent going to make a T-series ute out fo AU, maybe when AV comes round...
Its basically a T-Series but its got a better name IMO.

#21 ·
RPO83 said:
Can't agree more.. Better front end treatment too IMO..

#22 ·
RPO83 said:

Ford obviously didn't want to call the Pursuit Ute a T-Series, since their marketing strategy still emphasises the fact that the T-Series are luxury performance vehicles. It would have been hard to maintain this perception if a Ute was bundled in, since Utes are mostly perceived as work vehicles.

-XFSVO

#23 ·
Expect an AV T-Series Ute. As much as Tickford wanted to be a luxo-performance brand, they are having to adjust that to hipo-performance instead, and a ute fits perfectly.

The Pursuit ute is an awesome vehicle, like Aussie Pete I'd be very keen on the ute front end on the XR sedan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.