Ford Forums banner

hotting up my EF XR6 Questions

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  snavy 
#1 ·
All ive got on it that is not standard is the exhaust. Ill probably go for a K&N filter next and then extractors.

But where from there?

Im mostly interested in improved response and power from a standing start. How did everybody out there who owns an EF XR6 start off.

And also. getting my chip reprogrammed! how much of a performance increase will this yield and will it make the car drink crap loads more fuel than it is now.

#2 ·
Knightrider_EF said:
All ive got on it that is not standard is the exhaust. Ill probably go for a K&N filter next and then extractors.

But where from there?

Im mostly interested in improved response and power from a standing start. How did everybody out there who owns an EF XR6 start off.

And also. getting my chip reprogrammed! how much of a performance increase will this yield and will it make the car drink crap loads more fuel than it is now.

#4 ·
Apparently theres a place in Melbourne that will increase the power of the 4.0L up to 175Kw at the wheels (about 230-240kw at the engine)for $4200. No computer upgrades neccessary.
Its basically a full exhaust system, better cam, high flow filter, modified fuel regulator and some head work.

Ill be down in Melbourne in a few weeks and will be further investigating it myself. He's got a test mule EF 5speed with the 175RWKW package and I wouldnt mind going for a spin in it....

If you want the details of this place ill post them up.

#5 ·
Martin said:
Apparently theres a place in Melbourne that will increase the power of the 4.0L up to 175Kw at the wheels (about 230-240kw at the engine)for $4200. No computer upgrades neccessary.
Its basically a full exhaust system, better cam, high flow filter, modified fuel regulator and some head work.

Ill be down in Melbourne in a few weeks and will be further investigating it myself. He's got a test mule EF 5speed with the 175RWKW package and I wouldnt mind going for a spin in it....

If you want the details of this place ill post them up.
would they be able to get simmilar performance out of a v8 aswell?

#6 ·
Whoops, he's actually in Mildura :eek:o1: A bit of a detour from Melbourne :crazy1:

Im not sure if does any work with the V8s, it would be worth a try to contact him I suppose.

Jim Mock MotorSport
(03) 5021 1988

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.