Ford Forums banner

Falcon ute No1...again!

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Adam W 
#1 ·
Yet again!

Falcon ute remains a smash hit with buyers, starting 2002 with a record-breaking month.

Ford sold 1596 Falcon utes in January to continue its domination of the ute segment.

The January sales gave Ford 34.0 per cent market share, more than 10 per cent clear of its nearest competitor.

The figures follow on from a record 2001 sales figure of 16,955 units and continue the Falcon ute's astonishing sales success.

Since 1998, when Ford sold just 6769 utes, sales have risen a staggering 151 per cent.

Ford SUV and Light Commercial Marketing Manager, Kevin Lillie, said the Falcon ute had continued to dominate the market despite the introduction of a new model from its main competitor.

Of particular note is the success of the XR range of Falcon utes, which in 2001 recorded figures up 70 per cent year on year.

Mr Lillie said the success of the Falcon ute could be attributed to several factors.

"It's obviously driven by product and the Falcon range has definitely hit the mark with Australian buyers.

"As well, the boom in recreational vehicles has made people take a second look at Falcon utes and they obviously like what they are seeing.

"In XR form it's the original Aussie two-door sports car and offers a unique level of performance, practicality and flexibility that other vehicles can't match," he said.

See less See more
#2 ·
Falcon ute

Good Stuff!

#3 ·
Holy crap! 1596 in ONE MONTH?!?!?! Not too shabby indeed.

#7 ·
This is great news. They sell more utes than they do falcons.
Ford must take advantage of the situation. They must keep upping the ante or holden will jsut walk all over them.
What I mean ford need to make a FTE ute. I don't like to say it, but there should be a IRS ute to compete with the Maloo. Pursuit 250 is a great start, but it's not exactly a T-Seires ute.
We'll see what happens when AV arrives. Till then I hope ford can retain it's domination in the tue market.

#8 ·
AusXH said:
XR model panel van... :eek:o1: :eek:o1: :s6:
Bring it on!!!:rockon: :wnc:

#9 ·
This is great news for Ford and I congratulate them on such a great sales success. :hy: :hy:
If only they could be as dominant in other vehicle segments.:crazy1: :crazy1:

#11 ·
Cobra said:
ford need to make a FTE ute. I don't like to say it, but there should be a IRS ute to compete with the Maloo. Pursuit 250 is a great start, but it's not exactly a T-Seires ute.
We'll see what happens when AV arrives. Till then I hope ford can retain it's domination in the tue market.
Getting IRS would be good, getting into the T-series FTE area I don't support. The Pursuit is already a very popular car with looks to match its power and its got a great name.

#15 ·
snavy said:
i dont get this, the utes are killing sales but why arent the sedans and wagons?
What's the one area that the sedan and the ute have different? The arse end.
Personally I can't be happier with my XLS. Goes well, is comphy to drive and takes a shyte load in the tray. Good work FoMoCo!

#16 ·
How many Commodore utes were sold in the same period does anyone know? I want to rub it in real bad to my Holden loving mate.:s6:

#17 ·
It's obious why Ute sales are going nuts compared to sedans.....

Falcon has always been prefered in the outback because of it's
durability and reliability - which isn't such a factor in the city, where most people buy sedans.

Has anyone got figures on sales in the country areas?

#20 ·
AusXH said:
This is great news. Imagine how many more sales would go our way if we had a XR model panel van... :eek:o1: :eek:o1: :s6:
XH, your onto something there mate, perhaps Ford should take it one step further, a TSeries Pano. :s2: :s2:

G
#22 ·
Ford offer one tonner's and tray backs as well on a falcon platform, holden do not with a commode base- (remember the popularity of the old HQ - HZ Holden one tonners and tray backs) which is costing them...(shhhh dont tell holden....)

#23 ·
MadMax said:
holden do not with a commode base- (remember the popularity of the old HQ - HZ Holden one tonners and tray backs) which is costing them...(shhhh dont tell holden....)
Expect to see a one tonne GM ute sometime in the next 12 months..

#24 ·
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

XH, your onto something there mate, perhaps Ford should take it one step further, a TSeries Pano. :s2: :s2:
I'd just be happy with the XR series.. but if they wanna make a T series, you won't see me stopping them :s6: :s6:

Originally posted by adviliax mortus

i can just see it!

TPV50 Mt Druitt limited edition, in Undercoat Gray hehe

no offence to anyone that lives in Mt Druitt...
Nick, all I can say to that is... LMAO!!!

#25 ·
adviliax mortus said:

i can just see it!

TPV50 Mt Druitt limited edition, in Undercoat Gray hehe

no offence to anyone that lives in Mt Druitt...
Or the limited edition model that ford are going to release in a radically new colour thats going to take the market my storm, Mt Druitt Metallic (every possible colour on every panel).
No offence to Mt Druitt people from me either.

#26 ·
This is great news. XR utes selling well is the best part particually considering the XR8 is still a 200. Imagine Whether it be in this model or Barra Ford has a better 8 on standby incase sales drop or Holden release a 1 ton.

Now all we need is an XR Wagon with an electric tailgate window like the good old wagons. Even have a switch on the cars remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.