Ford Forums banner

Transmssion oil cooler

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  snavy 
#1 ·
Hey got transmission fixed and the mech said i needed a new trans oil cooler cause mine was stuffed and heaps of metal was inside it. Well got car back from what i remember looking from front of the car into engine, there was two metal pipes connected to the left back side of the radiator, for the tranmssion fluid to flow into, got car back and the two pipes seem to be gone and there on the radiator are two holes where the pipes are meant to be but not there! whats going on???:(

#2 ·
Cool man

Do ya have a small radiator like thing mounted in front of the radiator? I looks as though your mechanic has over-ridden that part of the coolins system. Don't think it's anything to be worry about, I don't use mine, I only use an external type..

#3 ·
There are two types of oil coolers. One is a unit on its own, usually in front of the radiator on the drivers side, the second is within the radiator. Replacing the one in the radiator would mean a new radiator, so I would imagine he has disconnected the radiator one and put a cooler in front.

#4 ·
EDXR8 said:
There are two types of oil coolers. One is a unit on its own, usually in front of the radiator on the drivers side, the second is within the radiator. Replacing the one in the radiator would mean a new radiator, so I would imagine he has disconnected the radiator one and put a cooler in front.
ah ok i thought he was just trying to be a rip off and bypassing the cooler itself! Cause he said that my car needed a new cooler, payed for it then not gettinganything for it is just being plain ripped off. Yes the cooler was within the radiator, so i guess he put a front mounted one instead.

thanks

#5 ·
EDXR8 said:
yeah i looked at it today, the cooler pipes have been redirected to the front of the radiator and in front of the radiator sits a huge oil cooler! bloody cool:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.