Ford Forums banner

Does the world end with the V8 supercars?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  AlbertM 
G
#1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but i think the writing is on the wall as far as Ford and V8 supercars is concerned.

The obvious bias to HRT and against ford will kill the spirit of competition and eventually the series will get boring and die a slow death.

There must be another way...maybe a different series for production racing, or something. hell Im just thinking out aloud here, but my heart tells me that our efforts to regain the top of the V8 tree are futile just because the goal posts keep moving around to suit HRT.

maybe a royal commission, or some form of inquiry - because AVESCO and CAMS are corrupt in their actions - past and present.

The only other way would be a series allowing the best each manufacturer had to offer - Ford 5.4's versus Chev 5.7's, mix in the 2 litres as well - make it interesting for all like the bathursts of old.

A code which is reliant on engine bases which are almost extinct and too much parity (which is a joke, and open to biased interpretation) will die.

How about giving ALL officials a lie detector test asking them if they have a bias towards a manufacturer. if they do, make sure then the administration is a 50 / 50 split.

Any other ideas?

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry but I don't believe there's a bias towards any manufacturer. Holden Motorsport throws a shyte load of money into V8 Supercars because they can. Ford haven't done this for years and are paying the price.
As for the HRT/TWR thing, what would you do to protect the heavy investment you're pputting into a category of motor racing. You'd lobby like a madman to get the result you wanted. It's only common sense.
I'm sure if Ford had a proper Factory Team and a decent lobby group then they would be treated accordingly.
I also think that teams should be limited to 2 cars maximum. This thing with theams having 4-5 cars in different livery is crap IMO. That is what is ruining V8 Supercars..

#6 ·
Agreed Chucky, been recently discussing this same subject on the new V8 Supercar Forum.

#7 ·
Ford need more money in, an Ofically backed Ford TickFord Racing team, with the Aid of prodrive and Lowndes & ambrose behind the wheel.
Lets just see how everything unfolds ofr season 2002.

G
#9 ·
I reckon their should be shanctions put up against TWR. Becuase it is starting ot become a TWR procession because theyve go tso much money. If you take out TWR's winings in the past few years then Ford would have killed hOlden .
Its just TWR onto the rest of hte Ford and Holden teams.

#10 ·
I'm not too worried about what goes on when they are on the track, its the stuff that happens off the track that really pisses me off.

Like HRT removing grass from the radiator during a pitstop and only gettinbg a fine, rather than a stop/go penalty, and various other 'incidents' like this.

If it hadn't of been for these few incidents, I beleive Ford would've come out on top...even if the standings dont add up, i reckon the ford guys would've had a lot more enthusiasm, rather than heading out to the track with a guarantee almost that they will be screwed somehow and HRT will come in first.

Dont get me wrong Skaife is a great driver, I just beleive that AVESCO and CAMS both turn a blind eye often in their direction.

thats my 2c

#11 ·
Yep, i agree........ HRT get away with a lot of things, and for instance Eastern Creek last year... 2 fords 1st and 2nd..... then what happens ............. not only one gets disquallified but both of them AFTER the race......... and it ends up a holden 1,2,3. And its for things that HRT would have recieved a FINE over and still allowed the win..... what is a pissy $1000 fine to HRT... its nothing......
There is BIG time bias in the supercars towards HRT, because they probably threaten to pull out of racing or something and CAMS then give in to them everytime............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.