Ford Forums banner

Engine builder/ good performance workshop in blue mountains penrith area

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
G
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good place to build my engine ef xr8 i don't quiet know what to ask for as i want to prepare it for a sc and will rely heavily on there experience/advice

#2 ·
Whats just as important is the hardware going into it.I won't recomend but ask these guys at Performance warehouse Hoxton Pk 9607-2299...They have stroker kits there too...

Strange a question was asked on www.corral.net Click forums them Windsor..About how many Miles before a blower was fitted some were over 100.000 MILES and still going well..Your model will have forged pistons as is.Is your engine R/S ??? Because at six to eight pounds boost the std compresion is o/k..Ford even sell blowers as a direct bolt on in the states and epa legal all states..

Found it...
www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77969
Click on above link..she works..

Ls1 guys can only dream Ha????

#4 ·
If the engine builder doesn't know or use a torque plate on these engines when honeing they don't know how to put a high performance engine together..Especially on little 5 Ltr blocks..Thin wall technology!!!Important on blown motors too for good ring sealing...hth...

#5 ·
ebxr8240 said:

About how many Miles before a blower was fitted some were over 100.000 MILES and still going well..Your model will have forged pistons as is.Is your engine R/S ???
ebxr8240,
Correct me if i'm wrong but are you saying the EF XR8 onwards have forged pistons?

#6 ·
GPC Automotive in blacktown (ask for Rob)
The place is very close to Pick and Payless parts at Tattersal Road.

This is the Guy that I use, and a couple of others on this Forum as well.

(Someone here used him for their ED I6 to V8 conversion, I wont mention any names, just in case he doesnt want to be named).

Rob (one of the mechs) has an XD with a 351, and a Low 12 sec 350 Chev powered Monaro.

They prefer to work on V8's, but are quite knowledgable on I6's as well !!!

#8 ·
EDXR8 said:
The EB and ED V8's had forged pistons sorced from TRW. I don't think the EF's got them.
Ok now i'm confused, does anyone know exactly about forged pistons in late model XR8's and what model has or hasn't got them????

Also would an EL XR8 have forged pistons. In my opinion an engine with forged pistons can ultimately handle more kws and go for longer km's than stock pistons.

If the EL does that would be bloody good news. :s6:

#9 ·
It is hard to say in Australia. I think they stopped using the forged pistons in USA in 1989/90, which are the ones that use forged pistons. I was told that the EB's and ED's were the only ones that had them, after that they use standard cast pistons.

#10 ·
From eec 5 on they are hypo-ectic pistons. How do you pronounce? Hypo will do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.