Ford Forums banner

3 Year Factory Warranty

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could help me on this one.

I've got an AU Fairmont and the 3 year warranty runs out in late July when the car turns 3 years old. I have the Momo steering wheel and a part of the stitching has started coming undone. I asked the dealer where I get it serviced at and they reckon it's 'wear and tear'. Ok, I am a reasonable person and I can understand that, but I am pretty cut cos it is part of the steering wheel that is never touched in, the small part between the top and middle on one side, if that makes sense. When I pay $800 for a leather steering wheel, I don't expect the stitching to come undone in less than 3 years when I touch it, let alone when I never touch it. I don't know if I have a leg to stand on, but has anybody else had any experiences like this?

And another problem I have has to do with my window tint. I purchased the vehicle as a 2 year old ex Ford Motor company car, and the idiot me did not notice till later that all I got was the service book and nothing else, no warranty papers for the tint and other papers I found out later I should have gotten, like a LPG supplement etc. So going back a few months later asking if they had them, I was told it was too late. Now, my rear window is bubbling and all I get from the dealer is, sorry, we can't help, you have to pay to fix it. I know Ford don't do inhouse tinting, but I am sure they would do all their vehicles at a certain place, and if I could track that down, I could go there and they would have my car on record so I can get it all under warranty.

I am out of ideas for both of these, I am thinking of taking it to probably one of the bigger dealers and see if they might help, but I doubt it, if I'm not a potential customer they usually don't want to know you. I hope somebody has some ideas, thanks again.

See less See more
#2 ·
Try speaking to Momo about the Wheel, there was a thread about the exact same thing in the PUB where the guy got a brand new wheel because the stitching on the old one had come undone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.