Ford Forums banner

best rims

3K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  CATman 
G
#1 ·
Dudes, what do u reckon r the best lookin rims for the ea/b etc.
I have a ghia so naturally the Ghia rims which i reckon look sik, specially lowered r tha best. Polished even better.

#2 ·
If I could find wheels that looked heaps better then the Ghia wheels, at a reasonable price, I would have them.

I reckon the best looking wheel for an EA is polished FR's, 17 or 18".
I put on my mates set once *drool*

But there a little too pricey for this car.

#8 ·
BEST mags for a EA

i have the EL XR8 16" mags on mah EA wagen, they look awesome, all i need to do is lower it more, the look good with a really square tread, and nice straite sidewalls, unfortuneatly i dont have tires that look like this cos of the almighty $$$

G
#11 ·
polished wheels

KK don't know about in Sydney. Look in the Yellow pages but get a few quotes, and if you can, pop into these places to get quotes so they can see the rims. First price i was quoted was $65 a rim alot around $50 over the phone and the cheapest i have had was $30 and this guy was looking at my rims. I will do this when i find alternate wheels to get around in for a few days.

#16 ·
Re: fav wheels

hehe good work Bass... and Kenaz too. I think the EA is one of only a few cars that looks respectable with 14" wheels. For the AU, even 15" proved too small.

#19 ·
Re: rim & tyres

PHIL82,

The important thing is do they look good to you?
Do you want or can you afford anything else?
Is the car an everyday user or weekend/show special?

It's your choice!

Me, I have 205/65/15's on factory Classic alloy rims on the ED. The car is used everyday as a family car, mainly driven by my wife.

Sure, I fantasize about 17"+ rims but I know I'll never buy them for this car the way it's used and considering what there worth and what you sacrifice.

G
#20 ·
rims & tyres

FordRaptor

I agree, my 225/60/15 tyres all-round have worn out and I only can afford 205/65/15 sized tyres.

My EA is mostly driven daily and on weekends and runs for many kilometres so I suggest going for 205's is the only solution.

Having the pursuit rims dipped in melted chrome would be nice!

Has anyone lowered their EA 1.5 inches with 205/65/15 tyres? Look sik?

#21 ·
simmos

im getting 17 x 8 simmons fr17s in 3 months. definatly the best .... or another wheel are ROH zs style.

G
#22 ·
Re: simmos

hey, has ne1 have a photo of those simmons fr17's every1 is talking about??? would be greatly appreciated.

personaly, i like el xr8 mags, el gt mags or the au xr8 mags ( they have a differant stud pattern though )... either 1 of these mags would look sik on my car.

G
#23 ·
mags

Hey... I personally think 15 inch wheels look good on EA/EB and ED's. Fat tyres match older model cars.

I love Simmons mag wheels... looks nice.

17 inch wheels would suit the Ford Falcon EF onwards.

It's your personal choice really.

G
#25 ·
mags

hey does anyone have a pic of a black AU fairmont with the mags that bass_crazy had on his ea???

P.S i no that teh mags are like a little bit of editing but its real pro good work!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.