Ford Forums banner

ED XR6/8 std tyre size

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  EDFUTURA 
#1 ·
I'm after the specs on what was fitted to the ED XR6 and 8 from the factory - anyone know?

#2 ·
im pretty sure:

ED XR6 - 205 65 15
not sure on XR8, maybe the same???

ED XR8 sprint - 225 50 16

#3 ·
Yep what tickford said, except 16"s were also available as a factory option for both the XR6 & XR8. The optional 16's were different in design to the sprint rims....

#4 ·
Thanks guys,

Wulos, is that your car in your avatar pic? - if so, then you've got 205/65 15's on it? I ask becasue I've just bought a set of those same rims (factory EDXR6 ones) from a wrecker and they've got 225/60 15's on them. Do you know what size the rims themselves are? - ie. 6.5 or 7.0 inch?

I'm not too sure about the tyres tho because it's showing signs of tending to tramline a fair bit and I was seriously considering going to a new set 215/65 15 Pirellis - but if they're meant to be 205's then I might as well just get the 205/65 15's swapped over from the steel wheels that came off (those 205 Pilrellis gripped better than these 225 Bridgestones do).

#5 ·
EDFUTURA - yeah that's me girl....:s6: :s6: :p :s6: :s6:
Those rims are 7" wide......
personally I've been runnin 225 60 15 G Grids on it with no probs....though I am running a non standard front end setup on it, to improve turn-in...
gotta love kmac caster/camber kits.
the tyres on it at the moment are just about at the end of their life.
I've been happy with the G'Grids though the speedo does read a little low (due to slighlty smaller rotating diameter )

#6 ·
Wulos,

Cool, thanx for the info. I got a wheel alignment done today and they reckoned the LH side was way out, so I'll see how it goes before deciding whether to change the tyres - I gotta admit that I like the look of the 225/60's.

Cheers,
Con.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.