Ford Forums banner

Throttle Body

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GR8WHITE 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there tried boring out their throttle body, similar to the way we make the opening on our head's bigger, via port and polish (die grinder). I've heard of some guys doing it but never actually talked to any of them. If anyone has done this please give feed back. Will it work O.K or should I just spend a couple of houndred $'s on a bigger TB.

#2 ·
throttle body

95gt,
I havent done this and don't know anyone who has either. I think I have a 65mm lying around if you are interested? (I may be lyin' so let me check tonight) Or were you looking to go bigger?

Robin

Robin Michelle Field
1991 Mustang LX 5.0
12.54@106.2 60' 1.614

#3 ·
TB

I was just wondering if anyone tried it. Do have one though? Sounds cool, right now I'm working on installing a new set of headers I just bought, but then I found a small leak in my radiator, I think I fixed it (soft solder) but now I just want to get a new one. Know of anyone who carries an aluminum for 95 automatic? I'v only seen up to 93 advertised. Let me know though if you have that 65m sittin' around.

#5 ·
PS I'm positive Griffin makes the radiators you are looking for.

PSS I'd just go with the aftermarket TB. It will be alot easier to deal with than "boring" your stock one. Plust the butterfly will function properly on an aftermarket TB where the stock one would allow way to much air to flow at idle if you hone it out.

Hope I helped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.