Ford Forums banner

Momo Gear Knob AUII/AUIII

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
Just booked my car in for a warrenty job, for an exchange of my Momo gearknob (the one with blue inserts on the sides).

The top where the numbers is printed the leather has worn off and looks bad, also the stitch of the knob at the bottom is starting to comeoff. Also the leather wrap moves abit.

Incidently the knob was already like this when i got my car, about 18k on the clock.
Just wondering has anyone else got any issues with the AUII/AUIII Momo gear knob for the manual.

Perhaps i happen to have a dud one, as i've seen a few that have been on longer km's and looks like new.

G
#2 ·
Thats no good at all......I just bought one for my car the red one.....also its for auto hope mine dosent pull to bits for the money i payed for it .

On the other hand my car has been in 3 times for warrenty this month.....the out side air switch and vent controler were knacked and my drivers side door dropped

Picked it up today all fixed

#3 ·
Hehe,

A dud gearknob.

Sundeep

#5 ·
Mines done less Km's only 11000 but looks brand new. Maybe you are just hanging on too tight!

Let me know if you are interested in the shorter stick that I have in mine and I'll give you the contact details.

G
#6 ·
I think Jamie's right - you gotta let it go sometimes!!!
Mine has only 10,000km but is as new - yours must have been a dud from the start - makes you wonder what moron put it on the car knowing what it was like - it should've been binned in the factory - or sent back to Momo of course.

#8 ·
Guys,

Like i mentioned it was already stuffed when i got the car. Anyways as long as i get a new one i'm happy.

#14 ·
laminge said:
I must admit the red of the red momo sterring wheel has started to fade to black after 6 months, wonder if it would be covered under warranty
That's pretty poor, especially the price you have to pay for one. I'd hope it's only dirt, for your sake but Momo are a reputable company and should replace/repair it.

:BW:

Jase. I don't mind the wrapping of my knob moving, but it also depends on who has hold of it

:hy:

#16 ·
Mine's done just over 20,000 and is looking a bit sad. I have my suspicions that someone with a ring on their left hand drove it while it was being serviced at some stage. The leather on the very top looks 'scratched'. I clean it up and it looks okay for a while, but then it starts to re-appear.

I'll be mentioning it at my 30K service.

Simon....

#17 ·
AUIIXR6 said:
Mine's done just over 20,000 and is looking a bit sad. I have my suspicions that someone with a ring on their left hand drove it while it was being serviced at some stage. The leather on the very top looks 'scratched'. I clean it up and it looks okay for a while, but then it starts to re-appear.

I'll be mentioning it at my 30K service.

Simon....

My leather steering wheel is the same. I noticed after I got it home from the dealer that there is a cut in it at the top. I'll wait until the first service to mention it, though it's bloody annoying especially on a new car, it's certainly not dangerous.

#18 ·
Curious from Carrington writes: "How much money are we talking about for these Momo handle grip thingees?"

#20 ·
:wtf2:

Lucky you only really need one then. (Quietly does quick search to see what the closing price is on Momo shares...)

#21 ·
Well just an update, i was "suppose" to get by new Momo today but the damn thing hasn't arrived. Very annoyed. So next try would be next wednesday.

Since i'm going to the meetup at 2:30pm i didn't wash my car so as to get to the Ford dealer then head off to Eastern Creek.

If i knew this i would have time to wash and detail my car.
:argue2: :argue2: :err: :err:

#22 ·
Well got my brand spankin new Momo Gear knob yesterday at my local Ford dealer. Good to see they replaced it without a question, just got the part replaced it and i signed the receipt.

Excellent stuff by Ford and Sinclair Ford. Good to see there service department picking up in customer satisfaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.