Ford Forums banner

We're back!

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  ProbeBandit 
#1 ·
that's right boys and girls, the people who brought you scpoc.com now proudly bring you our very own forum!

let's have a round of applause for the kind folks at fordforums for extending us this opportunity!

#8 ·
Humm, area vanished on PT, SURPRISE, NOT!!!!! That is what I do not like about the small sites in terms of cars covered. You have a FEW that control it all, they don't like something, BAM you or it is gone till they feel like putting it back if at all. You just wont see that here!

#9 ·
You said it!

<sigh> I remember when I was on the FAQ all the time and I kept reading these cocky/insulting-FAQ threads trying to "convert" everyone to ProbeTalk.

Well, after a majority of my army fell to the PT-side...I had no choice but to follow.

I try to mind my own business when it comes to confrontations with members. I come here/there to share info, not to fight. Nor to bully.

#10 ·
claudermilk said:
Did anyonw else notice our forum on PT vanushed again? Politics...:rolleyes:
chris,

the forum that was up after i left the board WAS NOT a SCPOC forum, it was for SoCalProbes.

dave felt it was in the board's best interest that the socal region be represented, regardless of my feelings or wishes. since my departure, i still visit their board and post a few times, but i no longer have much interest in it.

the forum was removed for reasons unbeknownst to me. i spoke with their chief administrator and he was the one who informed me of it. if a SCPOC forum returns there in the future, that will be something i put to the club as a whole. it will not be an arbitrary decision by anyone.

so, the forum was not removed for political reasons, but rather that it was not appropriate any longer.

#13 ·
BAPOC said:
Glad to see you back Daemon, maybe now you can run things the way they should be run here.
i will definitely try.

the biggest positive on this site is the overall maturity of the board members. their posts do not border on the sarcastic, arrogant, or flame. most are thoughtful and useful pieces of information.

that is exactly what i wanted for PT, but some people decided they wanted to buck the system and cause problems. that's the main reason why i used HCA, but no one understood it. until now. :(

#16 ·
we won't chris.

the socalprobes thing. i don't know what was going on with that. maybe an attempt to splinter scpoc, maybe not. anyhow, i'm not worrying about that.

i'm just trying to get our club over here more and used to the friendlier interface. hopefully more probers will join us. :)

#18 ·
I hate splinters...

I was pretty dismayed at all that flak on webcentrix's forums too. That guy Erik Van Der May got no respect, considering the great service to the community that he provided.

Oh well. I'm still Probe-less by the way. What to do, what to do, this guy Scott may just be jerking me around, or he may actually be getting all the stuff he claims to be getting. Going on 2 months of very slow progress. argh... by the time I get the car back I will have forgotten how to drive a stick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.