Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No participation...

7K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  supergoat 
#1 ·
I just noticed that there is mosly just chat going on in the Probe area here and no one is asking any Probe related questions. I supposed that maybe we've had them all answered already somewhere else? =)

#2 ·
Yep, that does seem to be the case. But, we will answer questions when someone ask one.

G
#3 ·
Yep we are all ready to answer your questions. And we did have one or two serious questions asked already but they turned into chat after the question was answered more and less... we need some more people before we begin with the probe related discussions...

#4 ·
yep.. it seems that way everywhere. people just run out of questions until something breaks or they want to try something new :D then everyone will answer..

#7 ·
uhmmmmmmmmmm.. ok i'll post a question.. does it matter if i know the answer already :D:D:D

uhmmm.. How long was the probe made?

uhmmm what motors came in probes?

is it true it's a mazda?

#8 ·
tony95pgt said:
uhmmmmmmmmmm.. ok i'll post a question.. does it matter if i know the answer already :D:D:D

uhmmm.. How long was the probe made?

uhmmm what motors came in probes?

is it true it's a mazda?
Ans. to Questions.
1. 88.5-97
2. 2.0L in 88.5-92 GL models and 93-97 base and SE models.
3.0L in 88.5-92 LX models
2.0L Turbo in 88-92 GT models
2.5L in 93-97 GT models
3.That depends on who you ask ? Parts were made in Japan, but all put together in the USA.

#9 ·
Stacy94PGT said:

Ans. to Questions.
1. 88.5-97
2. 2.2L in 88.5-92 GL models
2C. 2.0L and 93-97 base and SE models.
3.0L in 88.5-92 LX models
2.2L Turbo in 88-92 GT models
2.5L in 93-97 GT models
3.That depends on who you ask ? Parts were made in Japan, but all put together in the USA.
small corrections.. :D:D:D
the first gens had a 2.2. :)

G
#10 ·
Yep, hahaha 89-92 GLs had 2.2L and the 1st gen GT had 2.2L turbo engines. The 2nd gen base and SE had 2.0... The rest is correct, I consider my car American, but the engine, transmission, and susppension was designed by Mazda. The exterior and interior is Ford though.

#11 ·
Hey I'm proud of the fact that almost my entire car is actually FORD. The transmission, the ENGINE, even the body design, the only thing Mazda is the suspension, and that's IT. Even the computer is all Ford. My car is 75% Ford, and 25% Mazda, which is not the case with all other Probes. So that is why I lean towards Ford more than Mazda, the Probers with the Mazda engines of course like to lean over to Mazda for their fine vehicle.. I think we all should just agree, the Probe/MX6 kicks ass!

Hey look, we are actually talking about something!

#12 ·
tony95pgt said:

small corrections.. :D:D:D
the first gens had a 2.2. :)
DOH !!!!!!!! BTW, Auto Alliance is in Japan. They made the body for the 2nd gen Probe.

G
#13 ·
Stacy94PGT said:

DOH !!!!!!!! BTW, Auto Alliance is in Japan. They made the body for the 2nd gen Probe.
Damn Stacy you just HAVE to ruin everything dont ya. Ok lemme get this straight, if what Stacy says is true (I never heard that before so I dont know) then how is my car a Ford again? Engine, tranny, suspension and now BODY is all Mazda then whats that Ford badge doing on the front?
OK whatever, it doesnt matter, WHOEVER made our cars did a heck of a job and thats all that matters to me...

#14 ·
I told you I'd get you mad, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO:D

#15 ·
ProbeBandit said:

Damn Stacy you just HAVE to ruin everything dont ya. Ok lemme get this straight, if what Stacy says is true (I never heard that before so I dont know) then how is my car a Ford again? Engine, tranny, suspension and now BODY is all Mazda then whats that Ford badge doing on the front?
OK whatever, it doesnt matter, WHOEVER made our cars did a heck of a job and thats all that matters to me...
That's the reason I bought one because it is a Ford. :D

#20 ·
By the way the 32,505 is actually the sales for 1996. I don't know how every got those mixed up.

#21 ·
Well they only produced the 97s for half of a year. So, I'll make a guess. Is it 16,000, add or subtract a few ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.