Ford Forums banner

Exhaust mods for NL Fairlane

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BlackMagic 
#1 ·
I've maxed out my mods with my insurance at the moment and am planning the next two... Engine and exhaust.

Anyone made mods (ie s/c to 5L V8, fitting SVO heads, stainless exhausts etc) to an NL?!?

#3 ·
Yeah you could say I did that. You should get around 220kw. I went alloy heads, cam, etc.

Also I went from a 2.5 single to a 2" duel. Not really happy, I expect alot for the money, but the one thing I like is the lack of drone now. :)

Are ya sure the insurance will let you do this? I'd check first!

#4 ·
Thanks JT, I checked out the thread you left, problem is, the exhaust system for standard EL will not fit an NL and you can't just extend it and expect to sound the same. I need to know who does these systems specifically or chat to someone who has done a Fairlane. Thanks though!

LTDHO - mate, insurance is my next of kin! Without it, I wouldn't be doing anything. We have an 'agreement' and established limits as to when and how far I can go.

I have a lead now, so I'll follow that up and post a response if it's a good lead for other members.

Ciao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.