Ford Forums banner

Infinity... Good Brand??

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rollin 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Went down to JB today, cuz they had some 70% speaker sale. Since I need some front speakers, thought I'd have a look.

Neway, I was looking at some 4" Clarion 90w 2ways for my front doors. I asked the guy what he thought of them, and he said they were good, but he recommended Infinity 4" 105w 2ways.

I had a look at both, compared the stats and thought, what the hell, i'll go the infinity.

Are these kind of speakers any good? For some reason, I reckon I got ripped AGAIN! I'm one of those people that never says no, and pretty much does what ever other people say when I don't know about anything (such as speakers!).

At $70 for the pair, they weren't too expensive, so if they're shit it's not that big of a deal.

Dave

G
#5 ·
Anythings better then Sony speakers...

Heard a pair of those 6" Xplod ones that have the cool looking grill on them... they sounded absolutely ****ed, as soon as you turned the bass up on them a little they distorted to hell.

I will never buy Sony after hearing what they sounded like.

#6 ·
the amount of power you feed a speaker will have a huge effect on how loud/clear it will be. i have Xplod 6x9s and boston acoustic pro 6.2x splits in my car (as well as the subs...) each high passed speaker is being fed with approximatly 124watts RMS, which is a lot more than they are rated at, but they have no dramas and the music/vocals can be clearly heard from inside another vehicle when both have doors and windows closed....

if you feed a small speaker bass it will die, because they are not made for it, the cone is light and small so it can move quickly, which it needs to to play the upper notes - up to 22,000Hz, which is 22,000 cycles per second, or 11,000 in and 11,000 out per second.

i have no complaints with my Xplods, the bostons go harder but they cost a lot more :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.