Ford Forums banner

I'm going to do it!!! Just try to stop me!!!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  The Fonz 
#1 ·
Right... I have decided to stop fart arsing around.

I am lining up a 302 windsor and a T5 Borg Warner box to be inserted in replacement of the I6 in my EB. Now as i am going for big engine mods what do i need to do to the block before it goes under the bonnet. BE WARNED it has to hold a supercharger.

Any Ideas?

p.s. i've decided this is a better idea than fart arsing around with the six THEN replacing it. Good idea?

Ben

#3 ·
Theres a Turbo Falcon 4.0l 6cyl engine with 600Kw for sale for $8000 on Performanceforums.com, The cost of a basic Windsor, T5 and supercharger would be more than that for way less than half the power.....

#6 ·
And that T5 WILL NOT BY ANY MEANS handle a V8 with a blower, I dont care what anyone else says, I know too many people who have T5's that can put claim to that

Ur looking at at least 2 grand for a box strong enough, probably a Tremec, if you want a manual

Budget the same for a tough arse auto, C4 3 speed, maybe you could retro fit a TH350, turbo 400.....

But if you got the cash, my advice to you is simply

DO IT. :)

#10 ·
Forget turbos Id give my left nut for a sweet Windsor V8 (or maybe a new stang 4.6 setup !). You start off with 165kw and with all the parts out there with little effort you can push nearly 300kw+ easy without even stroking it out just ask bevear !

I got a quote for a wrecked xr8 donk, computer, t5, diff for 2900 at the wreckers but the donk needed rebuilding, easy 2k for a decent job. Too many ifs and buts when you turbo a falcon and many more mods needed than just banging a windsor in.

btw- if you reto-fit a c4 unit get it with a 9 inch diff. The 9 inch diff is expensive (1400 bucks) but will take much more punishment than any E-series diff can handle. Then that leaves open the idea of putting a stage III 351 Clevo ULP/efi setup in. Woops sorry im dreaming, terribly sorry.

my 2c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.