Ford Forums banner

Enquiry

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
Heya, Just wondering if anyone knows if the injectors from an AU 6cyl will fit/work in an EF/L 6cyl?

Likewise will the higher flowing (i think???) XR6 of the AU series fit into the EF/L series falcon?

Also would the crank angle sensor be the same between the 2 models?

I can get parts for free from a car crushing place (i know one of the managers). There is more AU's coming in than EF's so need to know before i bother pulling apart my fuel rail.

Regards
South

#2 ·
Check the electrical connectors they changed on the eights around the A.U .I stand to be corrected on that. But if they are free getem any way. Fuel rails are easy to get at on a six. You MAY get away with just loosening off the bolts that hold it on???Get ther fuel presure reg as well..& pump if you can...

#3 ·
South said:
Heya, Just wondering if anyone knows if the injectors from an AU 6cyl will fit/work in an EF/L 6cyl?

Likewise will the higher flowing (i think???) XR6 of the AU series fit into the EF/L series falcon?

Also would the crank angle sensor be the same between the 2 models?

I can get parts for free from a car crushing place (i know one of the managers). There is more AU's coming in than EF's so need to know before i bother pulling apart my fuel rail.

Regards
South
as EBXR said, Grab it all anyway as the injectors are easy to get off. The XR injectors are the same as stockies so you won't gain anything.

Don't know for sure, but AU's went back to dizzy less ignition, EL had dizzy, EF dizzy less, this may have a bearing on the crank angle sensor.

Kieron

#4 ·
The fuel pressure was increased on the XR6, but injectors are the same as far as i know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.