Ford Forums banner

Does anyone know the 4 speed Auto Error Codes

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  TopGhia 
G
#1 ·
Does anybody know which wire to earth from the Auto error checking loom and the error codes?

#3 ·
EA with 85LE right? The double plug is the ST output, the single plug the STI input. I will check how I labelled the code reader I made and tell what the two oins in the input are.
Errors codes:
11 - Pass
19 - Battery input volts too high or too low.
23 Wrong throttle position input.
26 Temperature too high or too low.
27 Inhibitor or PRNDL switch error
29 Fault in ignition sensor pulses.
36 no shaft sped sensor signal.
57 mode switch sensor fault.
67 Air con input faukt
95 Solonoid 5 fault.
98 On/Off solonoid fault.
89 Throttle not learnt.

#5 ·
NF Fairlane 5.0L V8 4sp auto

Blue,

How do you make a code reader? I need one for the above vehicle, I know ds about car electronics, the last car I worked on you had to tune it yourself.

Thanks
Dave

G
#6 ·
Thanks Blue for the help, only just read it now.

Gregories manual skimped on showing the codes but pointed out there was a self test connector.

Topghia, for checking self test codes you get one of those little test lights things from super cheap... uno the ones where you have a aligator clip at one end and a little metal pen thing with a light globe in it that lights up when you hook 12 volts up. They are probably only $2 and it does the job for me.

#8 ·
<b>Donuts,</b> thanks for the info.

<b>Blue,</b> thanks, just what I was looking for.

I won't go into the details, but I just paid out $250 to an auto-electrician for something I could have fixed myself if I had read the codes.

If we keep reading these forums, we will end up bloody geniuses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.