Ford Forums banner

Pursuit Ute!!

42K views 62 replies 37 participants last post by  fpv tezz 
#1 ·
Details on the FPV Pursuit ute.

290kw!!!!

Now that will DEFINITELY give the maloo even more to worry about!! Ford should be ashamed of themselves, that things gonna be just plain dangerous!! I LOVE IT!!

GT and GTP @ 330kw.

Confirmation on its way at the Sydeny Motor Show!!!

Gee it's sad but unless HSV buyers are completely morons, HSV will have a lot of their 100 GTS sedans still to sell in 12 months time!!

#3 ·
From a nameless Ford mate at Ford!! He hasn't steered me wrong so far, including details of the XR6T specs well before any official announcement.

Have to say, I DEFINITELY trust him as a source, so am very confident about the 290kw for the Pursuit Ute!!

Given that XR8 Ute add, I can only imagine just how mean the Pursuit will look!!!

#4 ·
Umm, I have heard different for GT and GT-P. Someone's being led astray!

#7 ·
Seems like it was me that was led astray or should I say...got carried away!! Sorry for getting people excited!!

Pursuit Ute is 100% spot on......BUT

GT will also be 290kw (bit disappointing, to be honest, 300kw would have been nice)

Apparantly (different source this time) at 290kw the engine runs much more nicely and has a better mix of torque and power than when the engine was tuned for 300kw. So 290kw it is.

No word yet on the GT-P, there is another engine up FPV's sleeve that does have more power, but couldn't get confirmation of its kw, or when details will be officially released!!

Still, 290kw with Clubsport R8 pricing from all accounts. Very nice!! Very, very nice in fact!!

#9 ·
Hope some indication of pricing is revealed with the specs..

IMO it's important that FPV model prices are revealed as early as possible - potential HSV buyers may think twice about a Clubsport purchase if it's made public that you can get a GT in a couple of months time for a similar price ..

#11 ·
I heard from a mechanic up in Ingham who works at Ford, that he had to go into training for all the new engines etc. In passing he said something along the lines of, "there is also a v8 supercharged engine coming".

I'm sure he must have got that info from somewhere, not just out of his arse.

P.S, 290 Kw's is sweet for GT.

Paul

#12 ·
gadgeman said:
Praise the Lord!
Defination of Lord in Ox"ford" dictionary
(1) Geoff polities
(2) David Flint
(3) Everyone at FMC & FPV.
Sack the dictionary editors mate. It's "Geoff Polites".

As for the power thing, too much is never enough. Expect the following model to have 5 or 10 more etc etc.

#13 ·
290kW is definitely brilliant, but with all the rumours going around of 300-330kW the public/press might be a little bit disappointed. Yes, 300kW would have been very good but anything more than that would be dangerous.
By 'only' going for 290kW will stop direct comparos to the 300kW GTS. Just imagine if the GT had 300kW, but due to its extra weight, would be slower than the GTS. the holden guys would have a field day even though the GT is not a direct competitior to the GTS.
by doing 290kW ford by-passes a lot of bull$h!t from the public about safety etc.
Nice work ford, but where have all these rumours of 320kW+ come from. is there something we're not being told?

#14 ·
I can't remember where I read it.... but a while ago, when the FPV site first opened there was something mentioned about the Pursuit ute have less Kw than the GT\GT-P engine.

If that was true then the GT could still very well be in GTS teritory.... hopefully even past it!

#15 ·
"Just imagine if the GT had 300kW, but due to its extra weight, would be slower than the GTS. the holden guys would have a field day even though the GT is not a direct competitior to the GTS."

Just because it has more weight doesn't mean that its going to be as slow, infact depending on what the NM is the GT could still be as fast or faster.

#23 ·
I'm tipping the GTHO then to be 351kw, or maybe the supercharged GT40 engine. (BTW is there another engine for the GT40 that I haven't heard about?? or is there only the supercharged one?)

290kw is sweet, but I agree there may be a small amount of disappointment from the press after all of the rumours saying the GT would definately be over 300kw. However any disappointment would be wiped clear once they experience the handling, steering etc. and of course the actual speed/power it lays down.

Totally agree with the discussion about GTS comparison if the power was higher...now it leaves the GT-P or the GTHO to kick it's ass. (even more than the GT would!!!)

#26 ·
New GT only 290kw

I was just noticing that everyone has started tal;king about the 290kw GT. Where is this figure from, and if true why is it only 290kw. Will the GT-P have more?

Sorry to bother you with this, but I am in need of the answers!

Thanks guys, Sam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.