Ford Forums banner

VX vs VY

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  XR6turbo 
#1 ·
Not sure how well this thread will go down, being a Ford Forum and all, but...

It's a sure thing that the BA Supercar will be a better car than the AU, but what about VX and the VY?

Does anyone know how close the VX will be, considering it runs under this years rules and keeps its old suspension, but doesn't get the newer engine?

Hmmm...

#2 ·
Well we had Dean Canto at a GT club meeting last year. His thoughts on the AU was "it drives like a Taxi" That was compared the the EL. Let us hope the BA is a much better car on the road.

The boot on the VY does not seem anywhere near as wide at the VX. Does that mean the VY will have to run a smaller rear wing? I always thought the Rear was not supposed to protrude outside of the body.

#5 ·
What do you mean the ford will get the Holden trailing arms . I went to the sydney motor show and had a look at the BA supercar it has the old watts link. Also what do you mean Holden will get a new engine and traction control will be removed. I thought traction control was banned in V8 supercars. The BA and VY will have the old pushrod 5.0L V8. I got this info for the Motor show.

#7 ·
Ok, for starters, about the VY back, it will be made to be changed to suit the aero package, basically what they did to the VT/VX series, they were both bigger in the rear end to hold the fords track. The cars next year will be changed, the aerodynamics are to be made so that both cars are equal in the front and back end for downforce. The chevy V8 will get an overhaul, and take on a configuration of the Ford V8 that is powering the falcon V8supercars around. The holden is also picking up the falcons double wishbone front suspension, so that the cars both have to work hard for the set ups.

Next year will see the cars sharing many components and probably similar aero kits, but one thing is for sure, its going to be good if the BA is up to the task.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.