Ford Forums banner

P72 Project Week #5

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  VickyChicky 
#1 ·
Progress is Made!!!!....The Car is 100% Preped and Primed now!!!...The Interior Door Panels,Trunk Insulation and everything is removed...all the door Jambs are sanded too.....This is a complete Change of Color Job!!!...The masking and paper work is also in place....The Engine Bay is masked off so every inch can be done properly.....The Painting will begin a 5 pm today!! I will of course be there to watch it happen.....I would expect to have the car back by Wednesday of next week....This is due to all the stuff that has to be put back on the car...and partly due to my crazy job schedule.......Allen:nuts:

#2 ·
Wow

Sounds like Allen has been pretty cool considering! Wow, what a job, where were you in my life when I was trying to find a pro like you?? I decided instead of an older 72 to go new! I am the proud new owner of a beautiful new CV...

Way to go Allen, hats off to you and your determination!!

Victoria

#4 ·
I've been here all along!!!

Hi Victoria...What a befitting and beautiful name!!!.....The car is still not ready yet....I just got back from the Paint Shop about 10 minutes ago......The guys will be hitting it again tonight....The debris in the shop from the sanding of other cars has created a comprimising enviroment , that would hurt the final result. A base coat of Black paint has been applied so far. I got off from my job early this morning (TGIF). Needless to say did not sleep well pondering thier progress......The Motor project has slowed to a crawl with the exception of the logistical build-up....My once 180HP P72 will be up in the neighborhood of 300 HP once all is said and done......For now my 93 P71 soldiers on in great fashion......I think it's great that you have bought a New CV...What Model did you get????... What Color, Etc????......To bad we could have not spoken sooner.....any Lady that appreciates nice cars like you obviously do is worth knowing!!!.....Thanks for your interest in my adventure.......Allen :D

#7 ·
I hear you Guys!!

Hey Folks, Allen is not a computer Guru...I do not own a scanner as of yet....Right now I have nothing but Polaroid shots of the state of progression!!....I will try to find someone after I get the car home to post the whole nine yards for you wonderful people!!..be patient with me please!!...I will start a new Post shortly.......Allen.....Week 6 has begun as of 1200 EDT today!!! :rolleyes: :flame:

#8 ·
Impressed

Well, Allen...you sure are a sweetheart! You made me blush!

I guess I was destined to drive a VIC!!
I was toying with the idea of a restored police car, but it is too much for me to keep up with while working so often!

I bought the 2001 Crown Vic LX, she's a beauty! 4.6 L, V8 engine, w/ 229 HP...prrrr and I went with Arizona Beige Clearcoat (metalic). I was eyeballing Silverfrost, but the AZ Beige is beautiful....And I love it. See, everything happens for a reason. If I listened to my ex-coach, I would have probably bought someone elses problems...plus, new is nice!!~

I needed a lift, a new start, ya know? A new beautiful CV helped!!

I read the work you have been doing...wow, you must be extremely patient, but I am certain that sometimes the long run is worth the agony!

I'm with the others...pictures!! You can have a local print shop scan them on a disk if you don;t have access to a scanner!

We'll be waiting! And thanks for your interest as well... ;-}

Victoria

#9 ·
Coming Home Today!!!

Hi Victoria, The car is coming home in a couple of Hours..Today marks week 8.1 since the car departed for the Paint Shop!!!...Yesterday marked the end of my patience!!!!...I had a Clinched Fist heart to heart with the Owner of the Shop!!!....I told him that He has drug his feet way to long!!!...I demand completion today!!!...He has complied!!!.....The man is hoping for my reccomendation of His Shop!!!...Quality of work is Important...But on time delivery as promised is a big deal too...It's called Ethics and Integrity!!!!.....a major issue in my view!!!............Your Car sounds wonderful!!!....You sound like you have done the right thing!!!....Up-grading Older Police Vehicles is not for the Faint of Heart!!!!....My own Mechanical skills made a lot of difference in off-setting costs too!!!!...........Maybe someday you can take me for a ride in your new CV!!!???.....I will in turn take you for a Rocket Ride in an Real Burner!!!!....My 88 is going to be used as a Show Car...and possibly Drag Raced on occasion??..........Take care!!!....and for the Love of Pete !! Stop Blushing!!!!!!;) ..........Allen

#10 ·
On going

Allen...
We are starting to sound like the country crock butter comercial! LOL....What can I say, I am a blusher! I will take ya for a spin if I ever make it up your way! You sure are highly motivated! Two thumbs up for you!!
Until next time!!
Victoria
P.S. I LUUUUUUUV my new car!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.