Ford Forums banner

Newest Family member

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kenaz 
#1 ·
Hey gang, I just had to start this new thread because this morning my old man brought home the newest member of our family of cars. A brand spanking XT wagon with the e-gas engine. It's a burgundy sort of colour (no idea what it's called) and sorry no digital camera so I can't take pics.

What a fantastic car! Sure, I've read plenty about the BA, but until you experience it close up you don't know what you are missing out on. This is just the base model as well, the rest of the range must be truly outstanding.

I can't get over how good this thing is. Wheels hit it right on the head when they claimed it's too good to be wasted on taxi drivers :werd: Anyway, I'll quit now before I start rambling. I just had to share the excitement with y'all, bye now.

Ash

#4 ·
Congrats,

I have a Barossa Red Futura s/wagon on order and I just found out it has left the paint shop to be stored and possibly be trimmed by Saturday. You are right about the interior, far better than AU Fairmont wagons, with only dissapointment being no V8 option.

#5 ·
CDAA said:
congrats mate. I had a client who wanted one of those e-gas BA's. What does it go like or is it too early to tell?
It's actually Dads car so I haven't driven it yet. This afternoon I'll probably get to take it for a spin so I will report back then. As it rained all day yesterday I think Dad was a bit scared to give it too much, that and the fact it had less than 100ks on it!

Without the heavy control blade IRS to lug around I'd imagine it should be a pretty decent performer. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough...

Ash

#9 ·
Congrats matey!

According to the Ford web site, the 1694 kg XT sedan is 10 kgs heavier than the wagon. Interesting that the dedicated gas wagon has a huge 116 L fuel tank capacity. Power is 156kw @ 4750rpm, and torque 372Nm @ 3000rpm.

#10 ·
Jack_Travis said:
Congrats matey!

According to the Ford web site, the 1694 kg XT sedan is 10 kgs heavier than the wagon. Interesting that the dedicated gas wagon has a huge 116 L fuel tank capacity. Power is 156kw @ 4750rpm, and torque 372Nm @ 3000rpm.
Thanks JT,

I guess the reason for the ultra large tank would be due to the unavailability of LPG at many service stations throughout regional Australia. So, as Dad was telling me yesterday a full tank in this car will be more than enough to drive non-stop to Mildura from Melbourne.

Gee, with 372Nm @ 3000rpm it's almost a shame that we don't have anything to tow... It's all going to waste just hauling around Golf clubs and stuff in the back.
Ash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.