Ford Forums banner

Will This season of V8 supercars be any different?

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Big Block Ford 
#1 ·
Ford fans have hope, but when you think about it i think HRT are going to walk it in again. Just think about it they have been building and prepairing their new car for ages... i heard since october last year! people tell me they have been testing the VX with porgect blueprint parts in Europe for ages and their PR car(takes people for hot laps) has the double wishbone suspension for this year they can have unlimited testing with this because it has bridgestone tyres...They have undoubtable the biggest budget in the field and now have 6 teams under the HRO organisation.

Will this year be ford year...?

#3 ·
i dont have a crystal ball but inevitably i think, it takes alot of time and money to get where HRT are at the moment. but going on SBR's form last year they had the speed but not the endurance hopefully thatll change this year. essentially our cars are the same(bar the appearance) and the commodores are changing to be more inline with what we have. theyll have to adapt .... well soon see!!!

#4 ·
Well with TWR in financial bother, and with the resurgent factory ford team, and with that new front splitter, maybe theres reason to hope!

I just hope that front splitter has been "rally tested!" hate fro every off track encursion to result in splitterless cars, like the early AU.

#5 ·
I'm waiting for 2004 when it will be BA vs. Vy and not Ba-AU Vs. Vx-Vy, cos with all these different spec cars it will be a bit like the Konica series with some people way infront and some just crashing into others (ie. fords taking out fords)

#6 ·
I think the first half of the year will be interesting, and then the second half will be the decider. I think that if Ambrose can hit the ground running, and win early on, we will find he will be the man to chase for this year.

#9 ·
FM said:
Can't see much changing myself.. HRT still at the pointy end. Everyone else vying for the scraps..
Unfortunatly I agree with you FM. It will take a while for PFR to get on their feet. Hopefully Ford folow throught with this attempt so us poor Ford supporters will have something to look foward to.

#11 ·
FM said:
Can't see much changing myself.. HRT still at the pointy end. Everyone else vying for the scraps..
I hope you are wrong in this instance FM.

I feel a little more excited this time with the effort Ford is putting in and project blueprint with luck ironing out some of the problems we had. We have some talented drivers too.

I am confident we have a very good shot at it.

Don't let me down Ford as my nuts are on the line with my Holden mates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.