Ford Forums banner

clear indicators in EA

5K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
G
#1 ·
I want to put clear indicator lenses onto the front of an EA. However, on http://www.ozeparts.com.au they only list clear indicators under EB and ED, not EA. Can they be fitted to an EA or is there some important difference between EB and EA indicator mounts.

Also, is there any reason why i can't replace the red/orange taillights from an EA wagon with the red/clear taillights from an EL wagon? they are the same shape and size.

#2 ·
Can be done on an EA as easily as an EB-ED - headlight/indicator assembly removes with 4 screws. EL wagon tail lights will also be an easy fit.

#4 ·
yeah thanx thats what i've been trying to do to mine?

#5 ·
I have the clear lenses in my EA and I paid 45 dollars for each one at Repco. They have a book with all the lenses you need. I paid cost price for them however, so be warned unless you can get them trade price my figures may be way out. They do make the car look much better I must admit.

#6 ·
I have the genuine ford products, I paid $80 each! (it's a long story why I ended up getting them instead). They do match the headlights better than the aftermarket ones and don't have the problem of water condensation that the aftermarket ones are prone to.

#9 ·
Just for precaution drill two holes in the bottom/underside of each indicator lense cause after a while they sometimes fill up with water and go green/mouldy (I could of had fish in mine!! full to the top)
or just wait till it does happen a pull indicators back out n do it then

anyone else had this happen?

#12 ·
I dont know about u guys, but i think the amber lenses look better in my EA, it maroon so i dont think clear would look any good IMO. Some colours, i'd say hell yeah, but mine, nope. BTW i got new after market ones for 20 each, no cracks now!

#14 ·
EA_Bender said:
I dont know about u guys, but i think the amber lenses look better in my EA, it maroon so i dont think clear would look any good IMO. Some colours, i'd say hell yeah, but mine, nope. BTW i got new after market ones for 20 each, no cracks now!
You on drugs?? :p Clear indicators on any color look 10 x better than amber!!!!

Here's a pic of my Moroon EA with clear indicators...

#15 ·
sif clear indicators..

Everyone says they want their E-series to be individual, and they all have clear indicators now.. I still have amber ones.. guess who's individual now? :) Total cost: $0

#18 ·
Rmyers, dont get me wrong, i think ur EA looks awesome, its just my personal preference thats all and its what i like.

#19 ·
if u have an amber car... then year i can imagine the indicators might look good :p
other then that clear gets the thumbs up!

#21 ·
Zantetsuken said:
Swoopa - yeah! I bought a pair from Autobahn for 30 bucks each for my brother's ED, and sure enough, one started fogging up. A small hole and she is cool now, though. They make a huge difference to the car!

Cheers........ Tim

hey, that is my car exactly....well almost lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.