Ford Forums banner

driving lamps on EL?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Red-i 
#1 ·
i want to fit hella ff50 driving lamps to my EL XR but im not sure weather to mount them in the air ducts in the bumper or in the centre opening has anyone else fitted lamps to their ef/el any suggestions? pics?

#2 ·
Yah, have mounted some small cheap'n'nasty (dichroic halogens )lights in the air ducts . . . Mounted then by getting some aluminium to the right shape of the ducts, and sitting the lights inside this ( the lights have plastic surrounds ) . . .
Currently they point outwards, which wasn't the intention, but actually is kinda nice for corners etc.

"The Plan"(tm) is to replace the aluminium setup with some fibreglass mouldings . . but I haven't quite got there yet . . . ( still debating fibreglassing methodologies with the old man ;) )

Two probs with using the air ducts is the fairly restrictive size, and there being *nothing* around them to mount anything off . . . Your more or less going to have to form up inserts, or drill into the bumper mouldings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.