Ford Forums banner

Fastening 12 Inch sub down in AU

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  V8RUMBLE 
#1 ·
Ok guys whats the best way to keep my sub in one spot and be able to take it out if i throw some extra stuff in the boot. PS I have a gas tank.

Steve B

#2 ·
Hey,

I ve got my box stuck down with 3 strips of velcro on the bottom of the box.

The velcro is about 3-4 dollars per meter and you get the rougher stuff, so you can get a good grip to the carpet on the bottom of the boot.

You'll be suprised at how well the damn thing is stuck down, and the bonus thing is that there is no drilling or cutting up of your car.

If you making the box or buying one make sure youve got a easyway to unscrew the signal wire if your moving the sub. (in my case its to get to the spare if i ever needed to.

Cheers

Will

Attachments

G
#4 ·
under the sub box did u put the velcro strips onto the carpet?? does the sub box slide around at all or ever roll ?? say if you were braking hard or accelerated off fast would it ever roll?

i need to make mine so it dont slide around but hardly any where for the drill holes to be made because of the spare tire, this may be the solution.

cheers

Damien

#5 ·
The strips i only placed on the sub box.

You know with velcro how there are two surface types? You get the rough one, because the carpet acts like the soft stuff.

In regard to the box moving around, i havent had any probs at all. You will be supprised at how well the velcro grips.

I took it to the FPV day cruise and we had a fair bash and i didnt have any probs at all.

Cheers

Will

G
#6 ·
ok then but doesnt that screw up the carpet a little bit like make it fluffy and shit. sounds like a good i dea i think i might do it and also do it with my amp, i just cant be botherd drilling holes and stuff.

#7 ·
I am using a thing called ROK BOX STRAPS, which is basically a strap with a clip in the middle, half goes on the box, half on the floor, and you just unclip it when you want to take it out. I think I got these from tonkins audio...

I also have an AU with gas. I have got a custom box, designed to fit over the ledge on the left hand side of an AU boot.

#9 ·
PHoeNiX_EB said:
My box is the Perfect size to wedge in between the parcell shelf and the boot floor beding the rear seats.
Thats the best way make a box in a sedan, to fit the spot and access the spare with no troubles.
If your upper back seat has a "ski" hole even better...hint hint.

#13 ·
my 12" sony xplod sub was secured to the boot of my XE on gas with one of those tie down straps like truckies use but much smaller, from Rocca brothers (Marlows). It attaches to the gas tank support and goes around the box.

#16 ·
I wouldnt allways say face the subz to the rear, if your front speakers cant reproduce mid bass well(loud enough) it pays to have the subz facing fowards(seats folded down and low sub freq cut back a few db's!)
Having the sub facing backwards is ment to allow for a longer bass wave in the cabin(play lower), but having all this low ass bass sounds like **** without the lower mid bass to match it...hard to achive in a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.