Ford Forums banner

Holden Heavily Discounts

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  The Stylist 
#1 ·
Not long ago, a quick column in Motor expressed curiosity at which local maker would crack first and start offering discounts in order to shift stock, as this would be the first indicator of who was winning the Large-Family Sedan sales war.

Well, it seems Holden have cracked first, according to an article in Today's drive.

And mixed in all that is welcome news that the Falcon has become the preferred choice for fleet buyers since January.

I just feel sorry now for all those Fleet Buyers who have just had the resale on their Executive VY's chopped by a few extra grand....

Go check it out.

http://www.drive.com.au/news/articl...-new/news/general/2003/03/19/FFX6X1C5GDD.html

Lukeyson

#3 ·
HA!

hehehe, thats awesome, seems like holden are gonna be hiding behind a thick veil of marketing again but for different reasons...expect more brock and that 40-something chick with sweeping pans of commodores through leaves and more of the "Australia's Favourite Car" Lines (which allready signalled to me that they were fighting a losing battle)
"Hey Mr. Skaife? isnt that the Commodore that Holden cant sell?"
Awesome stuff FOMOCO AUSTRALIA!!! have a cigar! :bouncesmk

#6 ·
brend new VY execs here in melb for 29,990 drive away with 16 inch alloys free...and air con holden gunna shoot themselves in the foto on resale values as others have said what will they eb worht in a years time?? 22 or so??

#8 ·
Well, at the very least, this news, combined with the recent superior resale value given the BA over the VY by Redbook, I have a lot more ammunition to go head to head with my recalcitrant Holden-only fleet manager.

The numbers have at last swung in my favour.

Lukeyson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.