Ford Forums banner

borg warner oil leak

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jase_ELXR8 
#1 ·
I have just changed my XF ute from auto to manual and the gearbox has an awesome oil leak. it appears to be on the rear upper drivers side. I have replaced the top cover gasket to no avail. any ideas ???

#2 ·
BW 4 speeds leak around the shaft where the rod from the shifter enters the gearbox when they are worn. I believe that there is no seal there originally as the fit between the shaft and the box housing is good enough.
The fix is to drill the hole in the housing large enough to press a suitable oil seal in there (or keep filling it up with oil). Dont know if five speeds have the same affliction though.
Regds,
Tote

#4 ·
Also check the speedo sensor.Only way to fix them is to replace.Or if once you figure what it is don't worry about it, maybe??.So long as it's not excessive...

#5 ·
Also check the condition of the filler/drain plugs..they could be leaking...and if i remember rite they are on the drivers side..

Extreme

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.