Ford Forums banner

Central Mechanical Knowledge Forum

• Yes... I think a mechanical forum would be great.

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No... I dont think so....

Votes: 0 0.0%

ATTN Any / All Mechanics

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rodent 
#1 ·
Simple question....

Most of us here have mechanical knowledge etc, and also know mechanics around the place.

Who thinks there will be an advantage having an austalian mechanical forum, where everybody can post questions and answers on problems and solutions to any mechanical problem and fuel injection side of cars. Its just an idea i have thought up, but if yous all think it will be of benifit, then i will be willing to set us something up...

9psi EB

#3 ·
This is what the Garage is all about now.

Mind you, it seems to be dominated by exhaust and engine mods, rather than simple mechanical problems, but it is all interesting reading. (Apart from the perennial question "What sort of exhaust are you guys using on your xxx"). I would like a quid for each one of those.

#5 ·
Prolly a good idea then . . .

Would have thought it would have widespread appeal, although de-bunking submissions could prove really tricky.

And of course you'd want disclaimers up down and sidewards :)

With my limited ( i.e. none ;) ) research, I don't think there are any competitors in this area, so you could find yourself on a real winner if you did it for profit and targeted mechanics as well as the general public . . .

We'd just have to make sure there were lots of performance "enhancing" tips for holdens on the site:
1. It is a little known fact that GENIII's run much better with only 7 leads than the traditional 8. Disconnect Lead 4 for improved power and economy !
:drevil:

#6 ·
Yeah, that's probably a good idea, you wan't a site that the mechanically challenged can visit and ask basic questions, and for all models of cars. Go for it.

There is one in Yankeeland called Jonko.com, have a look at them for a bit of inspiration.

#7 ·
A beginner's area, as well as an advanced area, drag racing, curcuit racing, whatever would be a good idea

#8 ·
Sounds like a good idea id be part of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.