Ford Forums banner

air shocks

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
hey people, How bad are air shocks nowadays. I wanna lower my ef ghia but i do a little towing every so often. Also it already scrapes a bit on my drive with a trailer on. btw my current shocks are well and truly um broken :)

#2 ·
My brother had a lowered Torona, and when he stuck the air shocks in with only minimum pressure the rear springs wanted to fall out ........ hahahahahahha

Something to keep in mind, needless to say normal shocks stayed in there.

Dellboy999

#3 ·
wouldnt touch the things myself. Too unreliable and can be dangerous if not fitted properly. I would recommend normal shocks with Heavy Duty rear Springs from the Kings springs range. Shockers need to suit your driving style too.

my 2c

#4 ·
I agree with blueoval. Interestingly (well perhaps not) I also had them in my first car, a Torana, about 20 years ago. Never again!

I suggest you get quality shocks and if you really need it for when you tow add some helper air springs such as these from Polyair ( www.polyair.com.au ) which fit inside your coils.

#7 ·
Yes you can, best to check with the dealer, but you maybe defeating the purpose of towing. I wouldnt recommend going any lower that LOW springs if your intending to do alot of towing.

#8 ·
A good set of gas shocks could be the answer taking some bounce from your springs / suspention... Thought of coil over shocks as well ???

#11 ·
NO I'm thinking the ones that bolt over the std or gas shocks about $30.00..With adjustable clamps... Adds 50 or so kg if that but helps alittle..So ride height stays roughly the same...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.