Ford Forums banner

ED 4 litre auto's fuel usage

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  xr8power 
#1 ·
hey guyz...... just wondering what the ED futura and fairmonts fuel usage woz like in city and highway cycles?

any info would b great........

taa mickmalta

#2 ·
Well, I have a Fairmont and before my last fill up I did 520 kms out of it. Mind you, those 520 kms was done with all grand prix traffic light starts :hehe:, a single drive at the maximum speed limited :iwsun: for a few minutes and a few hard freeway entrances.

That's not too bad if you ask me.

The average petrol use is about 13.3 litres/100km before I filled up and resetted the values.

On the highway/freeway it's about 8 litres/100km sitting on 100km/h exactly. That figure was attained from the instant fuel usage meter.

#3 ·
EDspaniard , thats some damn good economy you get.

My ED is manual with 160kms, recently fully serviced .I get 440kms MAX and thats keeping revs under 3000rpm at all times...

james

#4 ·
I get 250km to a tank MAX.. :shrug:

#5 ·
far out jamie u must be really caning the hell outa that poor car i drive quite hard and i get 300km easy to a tank of optimax
if im not driving hard (hardly ever happens haha) i get around 400km to a tank

and this is a 5litre!

on the highway it sits on 10L/100km city it varies sometimes sits on 14.8L/100 but goes up a lot when i cane it (up to 32.9L/100km :evil:)

#10 ·
I think my temp sensor or my o2 sensor or my AFM is trashed. :shrug:

#11 ·
Our EB 4lt Wagon (4 Speed Auto, 200,000 on the clock) used to get around 520 K's out of tank 66 litres. There would be around 6 - 7 litres left in the tank.

This was Western Sydney into the city and in mixed diving conditions.

We get around 440 out of our EB XR8 (auto) and that is with the odd trip to 5000 RPM. Same type of driving conditions.

#14 ·
When my ED was stock it returned about 480 to 500 km a tank (town/highway).

I got it up to around 550 with exhaust, K&N filter and Crow cam - but that was probably largely because WOT was unusable.

With EFXR6 head, BBM (+EFXR6 fuel reg), Dev 4 cam and ELXR6 ECU I get between 600 and 635 (town/highway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.