Ford Forums banner

Would you participate in a Roadcourse or Skidpad action at the FF RAID 2003?

• Yes

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF Raid 2003 question/poll

4K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Aaron_EF8 
#1 ·
I want to gauge interest so i am starting a poll. I know that we have had some discussions on here for the new raid. I have seen that poll. I have some questions and will be starting polls and gauging interest in different items over different threads.

We had racing last year at Calder. We have discussed and concluded that we would like to have that again this year, but with a little twist possibly. We would like to do the Drags again as well as a skid pad and/or even a road course. This thread is going to discuss this and what possibilities we have as well as see what you think about this.

I know that last year we had the Drags at Calder. SEVERAL expressed interest in this, but when it came time to do it several did not attend and those that did attend and expressed an interest backed out.

If you have concerns then please speak up. This is what this thread is for. So we can discuss the issues or concerns and see the interest in doign these types of events this year.

#2 ·
I think it's a great idea to have more driving events, the more the merrier! I'm keen to have a crack in the "dinosaur", as AP calls it. :MrSparkle

Mind you, it's all good and well to get "expressions of interest", but I think that for this kind of thing we will need CONCRETE commitment. It will need a fair bit of lead time to organise I'm guessing, and in that vein, perhaps we should set a cut-off date and a minimum deposit towards expenses (as with club track days etc)?

Of course, it would all depend on how many would be willing to do this, if the numbers are too few, then it obviously couldn't all go ahead.

My vote - we organise drags, skidpan, anything and everything we can! :s6: :cheer:

#4 ·
Yeah, we had a few chickens at Calder last year, especially from the 6 cyl class who left me to win the trophy on my own - would have been nice to win it with opposition. :s1

#7 ·
Venom XR said:
Yeah, we had a few chickens at Calder last year, especially from the 6 cyl class who left me to win the trophy on my own - would have been nice to win it with opposition. :s1
WEll i was not in the 6 gang, but i did not run the car that as given to me to run. Of course I took the minginator out for a pass. Sweating bullets thinking that I was going to do something to it and get sat on by Gary!

hehe

I truely think that we do need to get a serious feel of this. THis is something that would be good for the raid and participants. I know that there were members from the site that went and had a run about up in Bathurst. Unless i am in need of my meds again.

Something like this would be killer. If I can get the Cobra over there I will be game for a serious run on the Drags, Road course and of course the skid pad! hehe. If I can get her there then I am going to challenge the minginator to a duel! hehe. Lets get some serious actions going on here.

Of course there would be trophies just as last year for the Drags, if we can agree to this.

Sparkles: I hate to say it but you are right :DOHH::bp:

#8 ·
I would love to have a go. But, no LSD and slush-o-matic gearbox would not equal much fun.

Besides, wouldn't want to whole of FF's to laugh at me when I keep loosing it.

#11 ·
id be interested in doing the driving events,i have dragged the ute but not at calder...this will be my first raid so im looking forward to it....would we require a racing lisence to do the driving events?, tho drag racing dont require one...

cheers, phil.

#12 ·
philstoj said:
id be interested in doing the driving events,i have dragged the ute but not at calder...this will be my first raid so im looking forward to it....would we require a racing lisence to do the driving events?, tho drag racing dont require one...

cheers, phil.
I doubt you need a licence..the people that do the street drags just pay like 50 bucks and rock up..well im pretty sure thats the way it is

#13 ·
Venom XR said:
I am ignoring Mr Sparkle as I will deny ever calling his car names, so I will instead ask if we will share the same competition number again this year? I had a migraine trying to find out why my car was doing 13.2-13.4 and 15.3s or so depending on the time of day :bp: until I walked past our cars parked next to each other! :rocket:

#14 ·
Ken Oath said:
I would love to have a go. But, no LSD and slush-o-matic gearbox would not equal much fun.

Besides, wouldn't want to whole of FF's to laugh at me when I keep loosing it.
trust me when I say on my first (and only so far !!) trip to Winton I lost it on a corner.. and that was half the fun !! Nothing like oncoming traffic or poles to hit.

The whole idea is to have fun, who cares how well you do as long as you enjoyed it?? I was disappointed in how many people didn;t front at calder. I think too many people were worried about appearances and not enough about having fun !:disco:

#16 ·
I'm way up for it... just when is it happening? :)

#17 ·
FoMoCo4eva said:
Ok lets for 1 minute pressume that Im a little slow on te take up...what is a motorkhana?
OK for the uninitiated,a motorkhana is a set of slalom type events that involve starting from a garage and finishing in a garage.

The garages and the course are setup with markers that you have to weave your car through,if you touch/knockdown a marker you incur a time penalty.

You are the only car on the course at the time,it starts with a stop watch and finishes with a stopwatch.

There are numerous courses in the CAMS book(of which I have copies)the simplest being a slalom,all the way to reverse slalomswhich means you go forward to start and drive in reverse to finish ,clover leafs etc,etc.

This test can be done on bitumen or grass.

Hope this helps to explain.

#18 ·
Well, I've never had a go at drag racing before (yes, I know, just never got around to it). I dont think I'll win any medals but it would be interesting to know what the VCT will do. I'll be in it.
Not too sure of the skidpan, really not into spinning in circles :) I'd give the circuit a go thou, love that sort of stuff.

So when is it predicted to happen?

Cheersm

#19 ·
I'm in!!

For those how have never done things like the drags before, have a go. If your worried about your car, just keep in mind that you can go as hard or soft as you like. If you don't want to launch hard and flog the crap out of your car, then don't. You will have just as much fun taking it easy on your car and short shifting as someone who gives theirs a little bit more. It's just as much about the adrenaline waiting for the green as it is doing the run. Give it a go!! :thup:

#20 ·
Count me in!

The best way to organise this is to ensure everyone is pre paid for this event. This will stop people tyre kicking.

An event with some twisties sounds tops!

:hy: :driver:

#22 ·
sounds like a plan, any real concrete details on when this will occur. Ok I know this activity will take place in Vic, but in previous posts i was hearing interstate runs. Its going to be hard enough for me to get time off, so I just need to know.

Cheers

#23 ·
greetings all
i presume that this will be held at calder park, i would like to know when it is planed for as i would be interested in how the pursuit will go, will have to get a few km's on the clock before then & a little concrete in the tub

or else i will have to bring the wife's XR-8, suppose i should bring her to errrrrrrrrr......

regards
rod

#24 ·
If I still have the wagon when the raid is on I will have a go .......I did at Baturst in a really tired old girl :p

If I have the ED I will have a go as well .........

Will there be a prize for the gal who tried & failed .........hahahhaahahaahaaaha

If I didnt have to get the old wagon back to MBFNW from the last raid I would have had a punt up the straight .........I had to get home :p

#25 ·
yeah I would probably be in, but it depends if I have the new wheels on by then (tires are starting to feel their age, but arnt getting replaced until I can afford new mags!)

BTW is there a date set yet for the raid

*Young gun crosses fingers and hopes it wont cross year 12 exams*

#26 ·
Yeah, I'm going to need a date well in advance.

Because last year, my Boss made me work, even though I put in for leave.

I wanna get my holidays approved early.

I'll be in any driving event. I will have modded my car by then. Hopefully enough to beat a certain Red XR6.:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.