Ford Forums banner

Just Bought An Eb!!

4K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Pazza 
#1 ·
hey whats going on? i just bought my first ford an eb falcon 91 cpi and its ****ing great! i picked it up today and im lovin it! i used to drive a vh commodore and **** there is a hell of a difference! its luxury compared to the comm! ive always wanted an ea, but when i came accross the eb i was in love!! haha! but seriously it drives like a dream and looks a unreal. my commodore was about to die so i was lucky finding this beast and im looking forward to chukcing in a nice stezza and some mags and getting it lowered and all that shit. but i dont really know what i can do to under the bonnet as of yet what do you guys recomend? what can i do that doesnt take much time until i can save up to get proper work done... anyway its a pleasure to be apart of the team! and its great driving the falon!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
hahah, this is going to be abother one of those 'MPFI conversion and 5speed conversion' ones ;)
good pickup!
and yeah, deffinately do a MPFI conversion.
a few small cosmetic mods (indicators, rear garnish) and u'll be laughin :)

#5 ·
EFFalcon said:
hahah, this is going to be abother one of those 'MPFI conversion and 5speed conversion' ones ;)
good pickup!
and yeah, deffinately do a MPFI conversion.
a few small cosmetic mods (indicators, rear garnish) and u'll be laughin :)
Hehe well even though it's been said time and time again, the newbies must be informed on these two modifications. If your happy with the power now, you'll be laughing when/if you do an mpfi conversion and chuck in a T5 manual. 3:24 diff is also a worthwhile mod, while extractors and exhaust will help her breath better.

#7 ·
Yeah for sure Rmyers, the difference between CFI-MPFI is amazing, and even more amazing with 4sp Auto-T5!

other than that, a good set of wheels, tinting, lowered, clear indicators, colour coding she'll be even sweeter

Have fun

#15 ·
MADNC_8 said:
just to let you know that colour coding isnt a waste of money, check out my project wagon. i just bought it off another forum member, CATman, and he fully colour coded it its a series 2 EA GL wagon. in stardust colour. i pick it up in 2 weeks :p heres a pic of it http://ford.i8.com/tmp/catman.jpg
That is fckn sweet. How bloody tight does that body look!? Great purchase.

#16 ·
LOL you idiot Karl.

Sundeep

#17 ·
hey people whats crappening haha yeah thanks for the ideas they sound troppo! its cost me nearly 4 to get it on the road and everything, but thats not too bad i reckon. me and my bruzza recently chucked in some nice kenwoods in the back but we need to put the new head unit in coz the factory radio cassette is still in and it sucks a bit.... but we arnt sure on how to get it out as we have no experience in this at all really, our experience is more in other areas such as nothing. But yeah so if anyone can outline what to do and where and how to wire the speakers in and shit or even show us a website thatd be unreal banana peal. im thinking of chucking in the nice stezza and then my next thing will be to get some nice wheels, lower it and tint the windows for good looks, and maybe consider the mpfi conversion later on, but maybe do things like cold air and extractors and zorst. WOH YEAH! so anybody want to give us some help on the stezza situation that would be radical, and the color coding looks sick MADNC_8

#21 ·
im in ballarat about an hour from melbourne. i forgot to mention i had a bit of trouble with it today going to work. its the third day i had it right, and hear i am about 500m down my street and the battery light comes on, so i keep driving wondering what the hell is going on, anyway another 5k and the temp guage is near red and im like oh my god what the hell is going on dont tell me this is a lemon... so i pulled over, and had a look under the bonnet and the scary realisation that came to me was its the third day ive had it and i have no idea on the workings of the motor i hadnt really bothered to inspect it much, so i realised i have no idea what im looking at... but anyway back to the point i had to pull over another k down the road into a servo where it was past red and i could hear the fluids and shit running through everywhere is that normal... but anwyay the guy in the servo helped me and had a look at it and he thought it was the water pump or its done a head gasket, but turns out it was the belt that went and it wasnt pumping any water through coz dad came and took it to the place i got it while i was at work.... so thats pretty fuct up, not very nice catching a taxi the rest of the way to work. fuk ive spent alot of time writing this.....last comment is, there is no coolant in the cooling system so thats bad isnt it? just water... corrosion right? how much is a full system flush can i do it myself????

#23 ·
Sorry to hear that crow, but at least it was easily fixed. It might be worth your while grabbing a workshop manual and reading up a little, I always carry mine in my boot in case I need to know something on the highway

Im having a little trouble with my alt belt atm also, it seems someone has chewed out the adjustment teeth on the alternator bracket in one particular place, im having trouble getting it tight, it slips on startup and my car is running slighter hotter than it should be. Im just going to buy another belt and see if I can get it tight enough

And yes, once you shut the engine off you will hear squishy noises as the oil/coolant passes through the galleries etc

#24 ·
Anthony, I had theat problem also. Get a slightly shorter belt, thatll mean the alternator will get tighter sooner on the teeth that arent chewed out. Unfortunatly its a common thing when people loosen the bolt too much then try to tighten causing the teeth to slip. Most of the cars at wreckers are like this too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.