Ford Forums banner

Do you wear protection?

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  philbie 
#1 ·
What is everyone useing for security for their new BA's??

I'm thinking of installing an alarm and/or other protective devices in mine, and need all the goss on whats good and whats not.:help:

#3 ·
I'VE ORDERED THE FACTORY ALARM ($605) ON MY XR6, ON PAR WITH GOOD AFTERMARKET DEVICES, AND WORKS WITH THE REMOTE AS WELL. PLUS LOCK NUTS FOR THE WHEELS, PLUS A CLUB LOCK FOR THE STEERING WHEEL. HOPE THAT COVERS IT

#6 ·
Thank god you've stopped shouting! Do you know if these alarms are compatible with an AU? Of course you probably don't - why would you know or care. Think I'll ring Ford and ask for a price.

#7 ·
bdennis said:
I have just got wheel lock nuts and a stearing wheel lock for those large car parks... Thats it for me..
Same here. I was originally going to get QikTrak but after making some enquiries here on the Forum I got some fairly negative feedback on it and decided against it. The car is fully insured and gets replaced with a brand spanker if it gets stolen in the first year, not that I want this to happen of course.

I'm not a big believer in alarms, most people ignore them. I know I would hesitate to challenge someone I saw getting into a car with an alarm going off in case they pulled a knife or gun.

#10 ·
alarm is available after delivery see your dealer.

#14 ·
russellw said:
The alarm for the BA is the same Vision unit as used on the AU so it can be retrofitted to either and is a wise investment.

Cheers
Russ
I didn't think they were so expensive when AU's were the current model. Do you know how they compare to other aftermarket units? ie, should I buy the ford one or should I go down the aftermarket path?

#15 ·
I use Rough rider condoms.. theyre great fun..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.