Ford Forums banner

please help split hose

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  OED666 
#1 ·
hey guys driving home last night and low coolant light came on.get home and there's either smoke or steam pissing out of my engine bay.i checked it out this morning and there's a split hose,can someone please tell me what the hose is called,where it goes to and what it does.

here's a pic

the arrows are pointing to the pipe and hose behind the metal bit.

See less See more
#4 ·
That steel pipe connects to both the heater core, and water pump.

Its pretty easy to replace, undo it from the thermostat housing first. Just make sure the rubber O ring is good when you put the replacement in.
EA-ED are the same, But EF onward are a little different.

Wreckers should almost give the things away, but might be best to grab a new one.

#11 ·
if you are talking about that little half inch hose? i had the same problem, except mine was leakin onto the distributor.. it isn't realy that hard, took me about half and hour to change.. and a shit load of patients :p i replaced it with 1/2 inch fuel line, lets see the little bastard split now! ;)

#12 ·
ok thanks for all your help but i still need to know what's it called so i know what im asking for when i go to buy it.and what is the hose used for???

cheers guys

G
#17 ·
Taking the MPFI manifold is actually quite easy, just remove the fuel rail first. Takes you 2 extra minutes to remove the fuel rail, saves you about 40 minutes removing the manifold.

The Air Con Pipe support on the bottom of the manifold is another story... :AAHHH:

#18 ·
Yea its a heater hose,

mine split less that 2 weeks ago, it mite be a good idea to get your other hoses replaced at the same time. You would be pretty pissed off if another went again

unless you are a very patient person, get some else to do it. it will give you the shits, and also, dont try and use those original ford hose clamps, you will never get it back on (unless you have hands which bend backwards)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.