Ford Forums banner

Brand New XR8 - The Downfall

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  FM 
#1 ·
Okay just before you take out your reply shotguns hearme out

The car is Awesome, i got Blood Orange, BA XR8, Fully optioned (minues the roof :( )

Anywas the car is very responsive, good fuel efficiency for an 8, im gettig on average 11p/100km although at times the fuel gauge goes down alot faster than i would like it, but hey it comes with the teritory i guess.

Anyways if there were to be any improvements in a series II, i believe they should do something about the Doors, and the roof, I have an Audi A4 2002 model, and the roof in that has a lot more to offer (including the sun viser setup), the BA XR8 without a roof looks like a massive white footbll field with one umpire (dome light) standing in the middle of it and the visers are nothing special, no lights or anything. The Doors are very solid, they feel great but could be improved, they dont offer any arm rests for the passengers and with the leather option i would have expected some more "cow hide" on the door.

None the less, I love the car, me being the driver i got the premium ICC and the Gorgeous detailed dashboard so i got no complaints just cant be bothered with Ford haters picking on these little bits.

Im still running in the thing now (302km) and still going, not giving ti to much, i take it up to 3K rpm at times but not full throttle and havent gone hard off the lights yet, the Bulge and its Burble appear to be getting louder everytime I start the baby up

All in All, the BA is a masterpiece with minor inperfections

I wish yous al the same oppurtunity i have

Take - it - Easy (too 200kmh haha0

seeya

PS Will post pics soon

See less See more
#5 ·
Good points ITSOVR - XR8.

The other thing as AP has pointed out is that with the BA's high seating position a tall person cannot use the visor in an XR8. The bulge takes up so much front view real estate that there is only the thinnest slither of view between the bulge and the visor.

There's a blood orange XR8 manual ute with leather and Psound at my local dealer, talk about imposing. Good thing about the utes is there is less roof in them to look boring and the only passengers in the back are the dogs and they'll be too busy trying to hold on to the bedliner to care about the roofliner.

#6 ·
Madder said:
Good points ITSOVR - XR8.

There's a blood orange XR8 manual ute with leather and Psound at my local dealer, talk about imposing.
Jefferson have had that ute in the showroom for almost 2 months. I thought it would have well and truly been snapped up by now

#8 ·
Fordhead
Jefferson have had that ute in the showroom for almost 2 months. I thought it would have well and truly been snapped up by now
There's one at Jefferson as well??!

TurboDOHC
I drive the old mans BA Fairmont (tricked up) and i find the seating position can be set really low compared with AU.
Well the seating can be set lowish, but combined with a shallow windscreen/ low front roofline, a visor, a BOSS hood and a tall person it don't work.

#9 ·
The sunroof makes a world of difference!! wish I had a electric wind back of the bottom cover too!!

#10 ·
laminge said:
I would like to see a better remote designed for the S2 as both mine have broken to date!
You're not meant to sit on them big fella :nerner:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.