Ford Forums banner

Did Ford release an EA Turbo?

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  carazy 
G
#1 ·
I need help in settling an argument. Did Ford ever release an EA turbo or was it an aftermarket company that created it?

Thanks...

#2 ·
Ford never released an EA Falcon with a Turbo.

AIT did a few conversions in the late 1980's.

#4 ·
Tripper said:
didnt Peter Brock release a EA turbo with fords backing ?
No, the BROCK EA was not Turbo Charged and it was not backed by Ford.

#5 ·
When i was looking at buying this written off SVO(for the engine & 5spd) at Weribee last year, i met some guy there checking this car out also, he told me he had an Ea Ghia with factory turbo and that it was 1 of the 14 that was made..!!!? Anyone?

#8 ·
subsbligh35 said:
I don't think there was ever an EA factory turbo

AIT and SVO did produce such a car; ie ea turbo

Brock falcon; off the track but WTF? A Peter Brock falcon, ive seen them but still don't get it, thats like a Johson Commodore? How the **** did they sell?
I know hard to swallow but there were Brock Falcon's I think it was the same time when he raced the Seira's the same time HDT turned to HSV/HRT, thing's were a bit ugly between Brock,Holden and TWR the then new owner and Brock wasnt happy with the TWR ownership and the rest is history.

#12 ·
BLWNEB said:
There where several EA turbos made from factory.
No factory EA Falcon Turbos were built for sale to the public. Simple as that.

:bp:

#14 ·
no never released but the engineers did have a play. Have the code for the engines around in one of my old motor mags (with the EA release) Motor had a chat to the engineers when they reviewed the S falcon they said that they had turbo setups developed that made over 170kw.
Ford could have gotten away with dropping the V8 if they had made some HiPo 6's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.