Ford Forums banner

Vent's suck in demister pozzy

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  94EF_Ghia 
#1 ·
My vent thingy wont change from the demister to anything else anyone have same prob?... I have checked all wires at the rear of it.:werd:

#3 ·
Have you checked the under bonnet vacuum piping?

There will be 2 from memory, one is a feed from the intake plenum and the other feeds the heater tap, if either are off the vacuum controls won't work, if its the heater tap one, you should hear a slight hissing from the HVAC control area, the other of course will be silent.

#8 · (Edited)
on mine, there are three vacuum hoses, two blacks and a green, from memory the green goes to the heater tap, one of the black ones goes to the connection on the back of the manifold (mpfi) and the other black one connects to the rubber hose which runs to the vacuum connection near the thermostat housing

The setup was similar before converting from CFI, the black one went at the back of the manifold near the base of the throttle body, the other two were as above

IF theyre all correct, pull the glovebox out and make sure the hoses are connected to the vacuum operated contol unit, and that its actually working

#10 ·
Well I've got a similar problem, mine gets stuck in the demister postion. but...if I turn it off and switch it to the heaters and turn it off, about 5 minutes later it will work!?. It's annoying and I just had a quick look at the hoses you guys explained and they seem fine.
Any help much appreciated.
Mason.

#11 ·
LoverBoy, my EA does exactly the same thing. And my heater blows cold air. And my air con doesn't work. And I have to have The temp bar in a certain spot or i can hear air whistling from the control unit. I have no idea whats going on with it. *cries*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.