Ford Forums banner

European GP race results

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Red-i 
#1 · (Edited)
M. Schumacher was running 2nd until Montoya punted him into the gravel. :cen: :cen:

Montoya, go back to Champcars you d!ckhead!! :finger:

1. 4 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M 1h34'43"622 Km/h 2
2. 3 MONTOYA Williams BMW M + 0'16"821 195.056 Km/h 2
3. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B + 0'39"673 194.277 Km/h 2
4. 8 ALONSO Renault M + 1'05"731 193.397 Km/h 2
5. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B + 1'06"162 193.382 Km/h 2
6. 17 BUTTON BAR Honda B 1 lap(s) 2
7. 9 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 2
8. 10 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 3
9. 15 PIZZONIA Jaguar Cosworth M 1 lap(s) 3
10. 14 WEBBER Jaguar Cosworth M 1 lap(s) 2
11. 11 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford B 2 lap(s) 4
12. 18 WILSON Minardi Cosworth B 2 lap(s) 2
13. 12 FIRMAN Jordan Ford B 2 lap(s) 3
14. 19 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth B 3 lap(s) 2
15. 5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes M 4 lap(s) 2
16. 21 DA MATTA Toyota M 7 lap(s) 3
17. 16 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B 9 lap(s) 2
18. 7 TRULLI Renault M 23 lap(s) 1
19. 20 PANIS Toyota M 23 lap(s) 2
20. 6 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 35 lap(s) 1

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Good race by Ralf, should quieten his critics for a while.
Least Mclaren didnt score any points, suffer Ron.

Bridgestone need to lift their game.

Course us Ferrari/Minardi fans know the Schu isnt above any rules, but when u have to cope with the Pommy media bias makes u a bit defensive.

Thought u Australians loved bagging the Poms and beating them at every sport, why support their F1 teams?

#3 ·
Umm ...where did you get those results from?
Mark Webber was 6th!
Here are the official results from
www.formula1.com

1 4 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 60 1:34:43.622 3 10
2 3 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 60 +16.8 secs 4 8
3 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 60 +39.6 secs 5 6
4 8 Fernando Alonso Renault 60 +65.7 secs 8 5
5 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 60 +64.3 secs 2 4
6 14 Mark Webber Jaguar -Cosworth 59 +1 Lap 11 3
7 17 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 59 +1 Lap 12 2
8 9 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-Petronas 59 +1 Lap 20 1
9 10 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Sauber-Petronas 59 +1 Lap 15
10 15 Antonio Pizzonia Jaguar -Cosworth 59 +1 Lap 16
11 12 Ralph Firman Jordan-Ford 58 +2 Lap 14
12 11 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan-Ford 58 +2 Lap 13
13 18 Justin Wilson Minardi-Cosworth 58 +2 Lap 19
14 19 Jos Verstappen Minardi-Cosworth 57 +3 Lap 18
15 5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 56 +4 Lap 9
Ret 21 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 53 +7 Lap 10
Ret 16 Jacques Villeneuve BAR-Honda 51 +9 Lap 17
Ret 7 Jarno Trulli Renault 37 +23 Laps 6
Ret 20 Olivier Panis Toyota 37 +23 Laps 7
Ret 6 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 25 +35 Laps 1

#4 ·
FPRXR-6 said:
M. Schumacher was running 2nd until Montoya punted him into the gravel. :cen: :cen:

Montoya, go back to Champcars you d!ckhead!! :finger:

1. 4 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M 1h34'43"622 Km/h 2
2. 3 MONTOYA Williams BMW M + 0'16"821 195.056 Km/h 2
3. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B + 0'39"673 194.277 Km/h 2
4. 8 ALONSO Renault M + 1'05"731 193.397 Km/h 2
5. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B + 1'06"162 193.382 Km/h 2
6. 17 BUTTON BAR Honda B 1 lap(s) 2
7. 9 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 2
8. 10 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 3
9. 15 PIZZONIA Jaguar Cosworth M 1 lap(s) 3
10. 14 WEBBER Jaguar Cosworth M 1 lap(s) 2
11. 11 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford B 2 lap(s) 4
12. 18 WILSON Minardi Cosworth B 2 lap(s) 2
13. 12 FIRMAN Jordan Ford B 2 lap(s) 3
14. 19 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth B 3 lap(s) 2
15. 5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes M 4 lap(s) 2
16. 21 DA MATTA Toyota M 7 lap(s) 3
17. 16 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B 9 lap(s) 2
18. 7 TRULLI Renault M 23 lap(s) 1
19. 20 PANIS Toyota M 23 lap(s) 2
20. 6 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 35 lap(s) 1
Errrr....can we be any more biased here?? JPM had every right to overtake and would have done so anyway, and also left Schu more than enough space to come out clean. MS spun due to his own mistake, not JPMs. I'm absolutely sick to death and disgusted with all this "MS can do no wrong" attitude of some people. Its exactly like the "Holden and Skaife can do no wrong" attitude of the one-eyed Holden idiots!!! Grow up people!

#5 ·
marine1: You are dead right! That maneuver by JPM will go down as one of the great all time overtaking maneuvers. Schumacher showed JPM the outside and JPM was good enough to be able to take it. He gave MS enough room. As JPM said himself “I can't give him all the track".

FPRXR-6: Did you actually watch that incident? I know you dislike JPM (I have seen you whine about him on FF before) however there is no way Montoya punted him off into the gravel.

I hate to break it to you FPRXR-6 (and all other one eyed Ferrari / MS fans out there), but MS is not a god and people are allowed to overtake him (well apart from Barrichello). I also think that as KR, JPM and FA get more experienced it’s also going to happen more often as well.

So as Marine1 said, perhaps you should grow up.

#6 ·
More Proof!

Try downloading this video of the incident from www.ukf1.net - http://www.watkinsons.tele2.co.uk/az/f12003/Nurb03_MSchumacher_Spins_Onboard_Montoya.mpg

Watch the overhead replay of this incident. You will notice that when MS starts to spin he has a fair bit of track (plus all the curb) on his inside. As you can see from this video JPM did not shunt MS off the track. MS simply botched up.

Perhaps next time before criticizing a driver that ‘dares to overtake the great MS’ you might want to get the facts right.

You might also want to see what 'the great man' himself has to say about the incident
"It was a pure racing incident, I'd have done exactly the same thing."
- Source:I don't blame Montoya for collision, says Schumacher (F1-live.com)

#7 ·
Oh come on as if "that move will go down as one of the all time great passes " my god thats a joke !!!

JPM braked latter and stayed the outside line, MS stuffed up thats it.
MS was never going to be able to hold off JPM (and I'm sure he knew it) the Williams were a much better package this last weekend and very good luck to them.

The season is hotting up, this is great.

#8 ·
Bluedriver is right: its just a late breaking manouver.... thats what i thought at the time and heard the ITV commentators going on about how good it was.... anyway, i was just happy that it was MS in the gravel and not JPM... every time i see MS off-track i get a smile on my face: ever since those days back at Adelaide with Damon Hill.... Good work Williams, the championship is far from over!

#9 ·
Bluedriver said:
Oh come on as if "that move will go down as one of the all time great passes " my god thats a joke !!!
LOL Okay I might have gone a bit over the top with that comment. However it was one awesome maneuver and it has been a long time since there has been an overtaking maneuver like that in Formula 1. It's near impossible to go around the outside of another car in fomula one these days.

#10 ·
Will reserve my judgement on the incident until I see my tape at home. Interesting that MS & Todt are not complaining at all; just Brawn getting some kicks in!!
Can I just say, this is a Ford Forum after all, WHOOO to Jaguar; Mark's best finish of the season & both cars home, in what would have been the points if not for Jungle Boy's penalty!!

#15 · (Edited)
Montoya was catching Schumacher hand over fist so why did he risk doing a move like that and take both of them out when he could've easily overtaken him a lap or so later?

Schumacher was on racing line, Montoya went on the outside and turned onto the racing line which caused both to touch and Michael to spin.

I'm not upset because it happened to MS/Ferrari.
If Montoya did it to Raikkonen i would be upset too.

Montoya has caused a few of accidents in the last couple of years because he's too aggressive.

Vs Coulthard @ 2002 European GP
Vs M. Schu @ 2002 Austrian GP

marine1 and XR6VCT, Can't i have an opinion?
What...you guys haven't had an opinion in your lives?
I suppose it's alright for you guys have one, but for other people it's wrong?

#16 ·
FPRXR-6 said:
marine1 and XR6VCT, Can't i have an opinion?
What...you guys haven't had an opinion in your lives?
I suppose it's alright for you guys have one, but for other people it's wrong?
What you said up there was not an opinion but blatant, unfounded, biased BS with no relavance to the facts at hand. I don't care what you think of JPM, you can hate him all you want, but the fact remains that it was racing and we encourage people to overtake. JPM made a fair move, it was within the rules and the spirit of racing. MS said himself that he would have done the same thing. Would you be spitting out this crap if it had been MS that did the overtaking move?? I think not, you would have been cheering that it was one of his all time great moves. Look at the TV replay again, it was JPM who should have spun as he was on the outside and MS touched him, but MS ended up spinning because he made a mistake himself. Whether you like it or not F1 needs drivers like JPM and he showed why on Sun. Whilst you may have an opinion, you really should put the facts together straight before criticising a driver. Calling JPM a dickhead for doing what he's paid to do and what we want to see him do is just plain stupid!!!

#17 ·
FPRXR-6 said:
Montoya has caused a few of accidents in the last couple of years because he's too aggressive.

How can you be too aggressive?? I thought the idea was to win the race... Anyway, i think the sport in general needs more of this kind of thing, like what we used to see in CART. This is where the real value for money is in the sport, not these one-lap sprints to the finish like were seeing lately in V8 supercars... [/RANT]

#18 ·
Ferrari fans and non Moanertoya fans are sick of hearing how Montoya is the next superstar and how hes going to destroy Ferrari, the Brit press made him out to be the next big thing, whilst almost ruining Ralfs career.

Fact is - Montoya does have the rep of a driver who lacks racecraft and is a bit of a hot head.

#19 ·
Yes JPM was catching MS at a huge rate. However catching and overtaking are two totally different things in Formula 1. MS is a very good racer and is not easy to pass, even when the person trying to pass him is faster.

From what was shown on the coverage, MS was very slow coming out of the Ford Kurve and this meant JPM was all over the back of him. I don't know if Michael was slow coming out of there all the time, nor do I know if he was slow in other overtaking areas. The fact is JPM was closing rapidly on MS and on the approach to the Dunlop hairpin he saw he had an opportunity to pass MS. In Formula 1 you don't get many chances to pass.

JPM took his opportunity with both hands and went around the outside of MS and made it stick. JPM may or may not have got other opportunities to pass MS, there is no way we will ever know. The fact is JPM is a racer. He saw he had an opportunity to pass and he had the skill to pull it off.

MS was on the defensive line turning into the corner. JPM was outside of him and broke later going into the Dunlop hairpin. This allowed him to get ahead of MS and sweep around the outside of him. JPM then held his car tight and only gave MS minimal room. This is 100% legal. MS then ran up into JPM with his front wing clipping JPM's tyre. MS then spun.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. It’s called racing. Perhaps a lot of one-eyed MS fans out there have forgotten what RACING is all about. That is understandable though after Ferrari's efforts at the Austrian and US GP's last year. Now that move MS made on RB at Austria last year, now that was a great overtaking maneuver! :err:

Yes JPM is an aggressive driver but that’s what I love about watching him race. He is not scared of racing wheel to wheel with MS, or anyone else for that matter. He is a genuine racer.

FPRXR-6: I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else, having an opinion. However as marine1 said, you just come out and sprout crap without any regards to the facts.

M. Schumacher was running 2nd until Montoya punted him into the gravel.
That doesn't sound like much of an opinion to me? Sounds more like you are stating facts. Which in this case could not be anymore incorrect. There is no way in hell that JPM 'punted' MS into the gravel! There was slight contact between JPM and MS, and MS spun. Where is the punting? Perhaps you need to think back to Adelaide 94 and Jerez 97 for examples of punting!

Ferrari fans and non Moanertoya fans are sick of hearing how Montoya is the next superstar and how hes going to destroy Ferrari, the Brit press made him out to be the next big thing, whilst almost ruining Ralfs career.
I am a big motorsport fan and a JPM fan (just incase you couldn't guess!). I am also one of those people that believes that JPM is going to be one of the next F1 superstars, as Fankster_V put it. However I do not believe he is there yet. He has sublime car control and has the aggression to go out there and fight, wheel to wheel, on the track, regardless of who the other driver is. At the moment though he is still a bit hot and cold. He also, this season, has had a habit of making simple errors at very important times (Aus and Canadian GP's). Once he can get more consistent and stop making little errors at key times he will become a genuine threat to MS and Ferrari.

Fankster_V I don't understand what you mean about JPM almost ruining RS's career? I think RS pretty much does that by himself :HAHA:. RS is a quick driver however he drives with no passion. He lives in MS's shadow and will always live in MS's shadow unless he learns to take the fight up to MS (and other drivers). To put it quite simply, RS is not a racer. He is fast but he doesn't race other drivers.

Until he learns to apply pressure to other drivers, and learns how to overtake and fight with other drivers, he will not become a WDC. The European GP was a great result for him. He was very quick all weekend and yes he was definitely quicker than JPM. But in reality apart from a good start (thanks to the clean side of the grid) he did nothing else but just drive a nice consistently race. He did nothing special.

When RS is required to do something special he very rarely pulls it off. He is always content to sit behind MS and other drivers and never goes out there to race them. While just driving consistently quick will work in some occasions (like the European GP last Sunday) it will not be enough for him to win a WDC. Unless he is in a far superior car and has a team mate that won't challenge him. NOTE: This is not a crack at MS - MS has proven that while he is very quick he also isn't afraid of racing with other drivers when has to.

#22 ·
Fankster_V said:
I meant the Brit Press have tried to ruin Ralfs career
calling him a poof and slagging him off
and of course turning a blind eye to the tosser that is Ron Dennis
The press don't call people poofs!!! What has Ron Dennis done to you??? He just runs one of the most successful F1 teams in history. What has he done wrong? I'm not a JPM fan, but I must say that he and KR are the most exciting racers in a while.

#24 ·
Good to see that people here see KR as an exiting race driver and forget about his post race press conferances. I think that as soon as Michael is out of the picture we will see some absolutly brilliant championship years between 4 or more drivers rather than the two horse or one horse championship races we have seen for a while now. I think this year is the best in ages with McLaren, Williams, Jordan and Ferrari all scoring wins with more than just one driver and no driver running away with the championship. Through in an Australian in the mix with an up and coming team and it has made for a great year. 2003 has renewed my faith in F1.

G
#26 ·
A nice move by Montoya to take M.Shoemaker, loved it! good to see someone with some balls for a change. I don't follow anyone or any team in F1 (have a soft spot for Jordan, only cause of Ford engines.) but love to see some exciting racing.
By the way, looks like R.Barrichello is moving on, might even be as soon as the end of this season. Ferrari has not mentioned anything as yet and nothing of who's replacing him. If it was my choice, I'd take F.Alonzo on board as I think he's a talented driver waiting for the right team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.