Ford Forums banner

DECAL on the bonnet bulge

5K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  ChuBBz 
#1 ·
I was driving past the Strapp Ford showroom the other day in Burwood Hwy Burwood,when i saw this XR8 in Citric Acid that had the bonnet bulge done in Decal reading "BOSS 260" it had a black background with the words in Citric Acid and it looked really smart i thought,it would look good on a GT with the matching stripes,in my case Blueprint with Silver stripes. The price will be approx $80 plus fitting which takes about an hour i was told.
Any opinions on this subject,cheers John

#2 ·
GTP 320 said:
I was driving past the Strapp Ford showroom the other day in Burwood Hwy Burwood,when i saw this XR8 in Citric Acid that had the bonnet bulge done in Decal reading "BOSS 260" it had a black background with the words in Citric Acid and it looked really smart i thought,it would look good on a GT with the matching stripes,in my case Blueprint with Silver stripes. The price will be approx $80 plus fitting which takes about an hour i was told.
Any opinions on this subject,cheers John
Are you kidding me. You would tranish your thing of beauty with Jap wannabe writing. Keep the writing for the sides of Honda Civics and Excels with wannabe's behind the wheels and oversized spoilers that weight the rear of there cars down. A big thumbs Down to that idea, stripes down the centre of the car maybe but no writing

#10 ·
dont realy like on that citric acid i think on a orange or red would look ok

#11 ·
I have spoken to the guys at Strapp Burwood the bonnet sticker is only a prototype dreamed up by their styling Guru.
Strapp Ford have launched a number of intresting product enhancments over the years only to have them copied by others. EG "Redback" enhancment that transformed itself into the T2 & T3
"Strapp Ford the dealer that goes where the Manufacturer dares to tread"

#12 ·
explorer said:
I have spoken to the guys at Strapp Burwood the bonnet sticker is only a prototype dreamed up by their styling Guru.
Strapp Ford have launched a number of intresting product enhancments over the years only to have them copied by others. EG "Redback" enhancment that transformed itself into the T2 & T3
"Strapp Ford the dealer that goes where the Manufacturer dares to tread"
These will soon be available for between $90 to $100 , as they are trying other colours .
It seems alot of people have shown interest .

#13 ·
Looks allright, but I wouldn't do it on my car. I am interested to see how a blacked out bonnet bulge would look. I would probably get that with the black stripes if i was getting a GT/GT-P.

#23 ·
I thought the idea was good but after getting my xr8 ute and having a good look at I don't think it needs it. I think to appreciate something like that you definately would have to wear a baseball cap back to front and enjoy hearing doof, doof, doof at the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.