Ford Forums banner

fuel line

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  85xfo 
#1 ·
ok looks like i either have a blocked fuel line or i have a nother fuel pump prob ,i replaced it about a month ago ,and went fine ,until today that is .went the car played up i was going up a hill just got to the top then started to splutter a bit then i let off and made it down the hill .home was not far and i did manage to make it home ,when i got home i turned off the car immediately and inspected the fuel filter and there was no fuel in there ,but after a few minutes of letting the car sit the fuel ran back into the fuel filter .im thinking that it is eithre the pump again or it is a fuel blockage ,has to be something like that any way ,.

how do i check if the line is blocked ?

do i have to take them out of the car ?
if so how do i get the metal one out that goes into the wheel arch ?
or can i just replace them with rubber hose ?

any help would be great thanks .

#3 ·
Fuel filter o/k ? Atually take it off push a hose over fuel line a bucket to measure fuel and get some one to turn key on. See how much fuel flows over 30 sec? Iff o/k check further down like fuel presure regulator...May have crap intank wrecking / blocking pump ?? Whatever you do DON"T SMOKE !!!

#4 ·
arrrrrrfggh.me car is a xf ford and 85 model not 95 so there aint no fuel pressure reg.

and the pump is mechanical so if i take the fuel filter off and into a bucket no fuel can get sucked up from the tank ,but i do know what you mean ,u mean fit a " t " connection after the fuel pump and get a hose on the t connection going into a bucket .an d if there is not atleast 250ml for say 10 seconds with the car at 1100 rpm then the fuel pump could be fualty .yep is that what you mean /.but that doesnt mean it is your fuel pump .i would also have to do a presure test,..thanks any way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.