Ford Forums banner

BA Dash Rattle

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  babluf 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I posted this thread in the tech section but no luck with help on it. I have a rattle/tapping sound emanating from the left of the dash just above the passenger air bag. I have been taking it to the dealers but 3 goes now and no luck. I have checked under the glove box, kick panel and where in doubt used some foam around the wire harnesses.

Also checked the A trim pillar, in the air intake just under the windscreen, the left shocky, and the left plastics housing in the wheel well. Help please its driving me nuts. The car is about 7 months old and done about 12,000Kms.

I hate rattles,

#4 ·
Took my car for a 3hr drive down the freeway and noticed a knoking sound coming from the same area you describe.
First I thought something in the glove box, so I took everything out, and I could still hear the sound.
I pulled over and found the sound was coming from behind the left plastic housing in the wheel arch. I went to the dealer and had it looked at.
Tech said it was the purge valve, car is booked in to have it replaced next week.

#8 ·
Dash Rattle

Well 2 days at the dealer, apparantly they removed most of the dash and presto, no fault found. Agh, can you believe it, drove it home and the rattle is still there.

I bought some self adhesive backed foam on the way home and will work on it this weekend. Wonder what the warranty is for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.