Ford Forums banner

borg warner diff.

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  WBT56 
#1 ·
would late model 3.45 gears bolt onto an xe 2.92 lsd centre.
just inquireing as ill probly want to upgrade the 2.92 so i can use 4th on the drag strip instead of revving out 3rd.

#4 ·
Early BW in falcons are 75 series (7 1/2") gearsets. From EA or EB onwards they went to 78 (7 3/4") series gearsets, right through to AU. Early will go into late, late will not go into early. Mental note to self, don't get whoever told you that to build a diff for your car.

#6 ·
qwikcorty said:
im thinking about buying a xe lsd diff, taking out the lsd and putting it into my ea housing. both same 2.92 ratio
Ah. I thought you meant you were putting it into an XE housing. Your EA should be 25 spline. Most XD to XF LSD are 25 spline, so as long as you get a 2.92 or lower hemisphere, the LSD will fit your car. If you get a small bolt one you can drill it out to suit the LH thread crown wheel. The crown wheel and pinion you use will have to be of the same or lower series as what comes out of your (EA) diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.